PDA

View Full Version : Rane mp25/26...

dJRootz
02-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Does anyone have any experience with this mixer? Looking to get a rack mount mixer and not sure if its worth the price or if I'm just paying for the name? Its going to be used for mobile application if that matters.

Any other mixer suggestions are welcome also.

DJMC
02-15-2012, 05:33 PM
I owned the MP-24 for nearly 20 years.

Still own the MP-24z and the MP-44 and wouldn't trade them in for any other mixer.

However, the jury is still out on the new Rane series.

Problem: "Alps Corporation" used to make all the potentiometers (pots, the rotary dial thingies) & crossfaders on their rack mount series (MP) -- the Alps folks went bankrupt, meaning there is nobody to make these super great sliders and dials any more!

Now, the Rane components are made in China. No longer have the Alps name. Can anyone say "Mackie all over again....?"

Brom
02-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Problem: "Alps Corporation" used to make all the potentiometers (pots, the rotary dial thingies) & crossfaders on their rack mount series (MP) -- the Alps folks went bankrupt, meaning there is nobody to make these super great sliders and dials any more!

Now, the Rane components are made in China. No longer have the Alps name. Can anyone say "Mackie all over again....?"

Wow, that's interesting. I liked the looks of these when the MP25 was introduced at NAMM 2011. Didn't know about the China connection as all I've ever heard is Rane = USA. Guess it's the whole "assembled" in USA with parts from wherever.