PDA

View Full Version : Need help quick!!!

Unknown DJ
10-27-2012, 04:54 AM
I broke the headphone jack on my Torq Xponent. I am planning on getting a 1/4 inch cable with a female end cutting it and soldering it to my Xponent. I'm guessing the cable should be TRS but I don't know whats the tip, ring or sleeve on my xponent or what colors they would be on the cable. Her is a pic of my xponent.

http://viphotobooth.smugmug.com/Other/Bev-Oda/i-RRhK38D/0/X3/final-X3.jpg

Unknown DJ
10-27-2012, 08:49 PM
I have been doing some work and all I get is a very low hiss with the volume all the way up. The red is connected to 3 white to one and the outside sleeve to 2.

Estacy
10-28-2012, 06:19 AM
that hiss is normal on cheaper headphone amps.

DTR
10-28-2012, 10:22 AM
It's hard to tell from that photo what 1,2 and 3 should be. If I'm looking at it right, 1 should be white (tip, left channel), 2 should be red (ring, right channel) and 3 should be screen. You should get sound regardless though, headphones don't care what polarity they are connected to, or if the cones are wired antiphase.

Unknown DJ
10-28-2012, 04:07 PM
It's hard to tell from that photo what 1,2 and 3 should be. If I'm looking at it right, 1 should be white (tip, left channel), 2 should be red (ring, right channel) and 3 should be screen. You should get sound regardless though, headphones don't care what polarity they are connected to, or if the cones are wired antiphase.

Thanx will give that a try.

Unknown DJ
11-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Took it to a repair place and the headphone out is done, something is fried. I have a Torq conectiv box so I installed Torq 2.0 and use the conectiv for audio out. Works good for now.