PDA

View Full Version : 4 CDJs with Traktor

Mike_Easy
02-15-2012, 03:16 PM
How, or is it even, possible to connect 4 cdjs and a mixer to your laptop using Traktor? I've seen it done with 2 but cannot remember ever seeing 4.

Andrew B
02-15-2012, 03:29 PM
It can easily be done with a four channel mixer and an NI Audio 10.

Mike_Easy
02-16-2012, 03:05 PM
see thats what i was thinking but some idiot told me i needed to plug each CDJ into my laptop and that screwed my whole head up thanks

Ryan Ruel
02-16-2012, 03:13 PM
LOL! It'll work fine with an Audio 8 or Audio 10. I run 2 CDJ's and 2 TT's, which is the same except for a phono/line setting on the interface.

ReelDiel
02-18-2012, 07:20 PM
yep i was using 2 tt and 2 cd players w/ audio 10

TrueWind
02-18-2012, 10:11 PM
see thats what i was thinking but some idiot told me i needed to plug each CDJ into my laptop and that screwed my whole head up thanks

Well... I wouldn't call him an idiot... For example, if you were using CDJ-400's (or any other CDJ that is compatible with traktor) then you would have to connect all 4 to 2) enable the use of the midi functions of each CDJ and b) Avoid using a soundcard and timecode cd.

This would be very helpful using a mac since you can use an aggregate audio device (not so sure about windows). So techinically, to enable full midi capability, YES YOU DO NEED TO PLUG IN ALL 4. If you are content with just timecode, then just use 1 usb plug by using an audio 8 / 10.

DJNR
02-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Well... I wouldn't call him an idiot... For example, if you were using CDJ-400's (or any other CDJ that is compatible with traktor) then you would have to connect all 4 to 2) enable the use of the midi functions of each CDJ and b) Avoid using a soundcard and timecode cd.

This would be very helpful using a mac since you can use an aggregate audio device (not so sure about windows). So techinically, to enable full midi capability, YES YOU DO NEED TO PLUG IN ALL 4. If you are content with just timecode, then just use 1 usb plug by using an audio 8 / 10.

...or you could just keep it simple :teef:

Mike_Easy
03-13-2012, 03:56 PM
would i be able to see/control my tempo/bpms through traktor so I'm not stuck manually beatmatching. I could get through a set doing it but rather not if i don't have to

Andrew B
03-13-2012, 05:40 PM
would i be able to see/control my tempo/bpms through traktor so I'm not stuck manually beatmatching. I could get through a set doing it but rather not if i don't have to

It works the same as Traktor with two external decks.

Why even bother with CDJs if you're not going to beatmatch?

KLH
03-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Ever considered the Traktor S4?

Why even bother with CDJs if you're not going to beatmatch?
This is a valid question...

-KLH

Mike_Easy
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Ever considered the Traktor S4?

This is a valid question...

-KLH

because some venues already have a 4 x cdj and DJM setup ready to go hooked into their system

Andrew B
03-13-2012, 11:45 PM
because some venues already have a 4 x cdj and DJM setup ready to go hooked into their system

Are you planning on using control CDs or MIDI? What is your current setup?

I would recommend just running your tracks through RekordBox, setting your cues and loops, and putting them on a USB stick. I don't think setting up Traktor during your set would be worth the hassle.