PDA

View Full Version : Other First submitted mix (Oldskool Garage)

havoc
02-15-2012, 02:21 AM
http://www.mixcloud.com/havoc_dj/garage-mix-08022012/

This music is what got me into DJing all thoes years ago.

This is also my first attempt using Ableton.. Never used it before so still learning.

Many more mixes and genres to come, if you like it follow me on twitter @havoc_dj

Enjoy

Feedback welcome

havoc
02-16-2012, 02:26 AM
Come on, we must have some garage lovers on here..

Need feedback..

RDRCK
02-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Listening. Good so far. Champagne garridge ;)

Constructive criticism, the first transition should have come earlier :)

DJWhoQE
02-17-2012, 04:52 AM
Still in the midst, but diggin' this quite a bit. Just introduced me to a bunch of classic stuff to look for, now. :D In other words, track selection is dope.

On the technical side, mixing is pretty good from what I've heard thus far -- of course, when using Ableton, you really have no excuse for it not to be. ;) Most of the transitions seem to be simple fades, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I kind of wish you blended for a little longer. This is Ableton, you have the power! :P

That said, seems to be a solid mix from what I can hear at this ungodly hour, and I'm bookmarking it for future listening!

havoc
02-17-2012, 06:56 AM
Still in the midst, but diggin' this quite a bit. Just introduced me to a bunch of classic stuff to look for, now. :D In other words, track selection is dope.

On the technical side, mixing is pretty good from what I've heard thus far -- of course, when using Ableton, you really have no excuse for it not to be. ;) Most of the transitions seem to be simple fades, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I kind of wish you blended for a little longer. This is Ableton, you have the power! :P

That said, seems to be a solid mix from what I can hear at this ungodly hour, and I'm bookmarking it for future listening!

Cheers !!!

Yea agree with the mixing.. Thing is i find mixing things like this is that there are so many vocals that you cant do much with it.. What would you suggest??
Also I am still getting used to ableton.. I guess i could use loops etc to give me more mixing time etc..

Appreciate the feedback..

RDRCK I agree with your comment too after listening to it again..

Thanks guys..

Sean
02-19-2012, 01:22 PM
This is an amazing mix. so many classics! 30 mins in and loving it

havoc
02-22-2012, 12:41 PM
This is an amazing mix. so many classics! 30 mins in and loving it

Cheers!!!

Am planning on doing another one this weekend!