PDA

View Full Version : Decent PC Speakers

A_L
10-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been looking through the threads but can't seem to find an answer.

Basically just looking for some decent PC speakers to use with my Mixtrack Pro. Can anyone recommend any? Nothing extravagent don't really want to spend loads as I am just starting. (hence not purchasing any monitors)

Thanks in advanced. :)

Sigma
10-17-2012, 12:26 PM
What's your budget man?

Defiance
10-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been looking through the threads but can't seem to find an answer.

Basically just looking for some decent PC speakers to use with my Mixtrack Pro. Can anyone recommend any? Nothing extravagent don't really want to spend loads as I am just starting. (hence not purchasing any monitors)

Thanks in advanced. :)

I really like part's express Dayton Audio bookshelf speakers and the class T amp, all for about 70 bucks. I will probably even replace my 7.1 setup and turn it into a 4.1 with 4 of those and a subwoofer for PC gaming.

sixtysix
10-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Buy some used monitors. BX5As are pretty cheap now and are decent imo.

A_L
10-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Lol well I don't really want to pay more than £50 (I know this will limit me, I could maybe push to more) but as I said just to start with. I have a pair at the moment but had them years and they are definately on their way out.

Defiance, Sixtysix I'll check the ones you both mentioned out.

punky
10-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Burn a bit more cash and get a good pair of studio monitors. They'll last you a lot longer than crappy PC speakers and if you get into production, it'll help to have a good set of monitors. I have zero regrets about the $400 I spent on my KRK RP8 Gen 1s.

A_L
10-17-2012, 02:19 PM
I hear what your saying punky, it's just that I can't even mix properly yet. If I had the funds I would have bought a better DJ controller as well, but hey ho. I'm all for buying the best kit but at the moment I can't justify it.

Sigma
10-17-2012, 02:29 PM
If your budget is just 50 nicker, I'd get some of these: -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Gigaworks-Series-Multimedia-Speakers/dp/B001IZZ2PE/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1350502156&sr=8-9

A_L
10-17-2012, 02:36 PM
If your budget is just 50 nicker, I'd get some of these: -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Gigaworks-Series-Multimedia-Speakers/dp/B001IZZ2PE/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1350502156&sr=8-9

What the effin ef! I saw a review on a few PC speakers for DJ's and they where on the list, Any when I tried to find them on amazon they were more expensive. Must be going blind. Cheers Sigma. By the way your not the DnB Sigma are you? :)

Sigma
10-17-2012, 02:41 PM
By the way your not the DnB Sigma are you? :)
Haha, no mate!

I get that all the time. I get emails trying to book me for gigs and festivals. A couple of weeks ago I got an email asking if I was interested in doing a remix for DJ Yoda. Of course, none of these emails are actually meant for me, haha. I've been using this name longer than any other Sigma though, so I ain't changing names now!

A_L
10-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Haha, no mate!

I get that all the time. I get emails trying to book me for gigs and festivals. A couple of weeks ago I got an email asking if I was interested in doing a remix for DJ Yoda. Of course, none of these emails are actually meant for me, haha. I've been using this name longer than any other Sigma though, so I ain't changing names now!

Ha Ha that's quality, well sorry to be one of a million people to ask. Getting emails like that though, that would be funny. One day maybe, one day lol.