PDA

View Full Version : House Dirty Dutch/Dutch House Mix (October 2012) (Downloadable)

Grasshopper
10-16-2012, 03:48 PM
This is my second mix, this time it's Dirty Dutch/Dutch House (first time using my hardware, previously was using just a keyboard and mouse.. lol) The hardware I'm using is a Numark Mixtrack Pro, accompanied by Virtual DJ (I didn't use the sync button), Spent around a day on this mix, please bare in mind that I am VERY new to all of this, so any feedback is honestly really appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/jackhayward-1/dutch-mix

Thanks very much for any feedback.

Nistad
10-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Your mixing is good, but I noticed a little trainwrecking in the first transition, a bit more practise and you will master this as a god. The tracks you chose works well with each other harmonicly.

The beatmatching will come by itself, the one thing I would practise if i were you is timing, the sets seems to "die" a bit when you mix on the intro and outro as you did with a couple of the tracks get the climaxes a little closer togehter and you would have a seamless mixtape to distribute.

Please make a new one when you feel the times is right, preferably with a few more tracks, try making your tapes at a minimum of 30 minutes so the listeners could have some more to review..

Just my 2 cents=)

Grasshopper
10-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Your mixing is good, but I noticed a little trainwrecking in the first transition, a bit more practise and you will master this as a god. The tracks you chose works well with each other harmonicly.

The beatmatching will come by itself, the one thing I would practise if i were you is timing, the sets seems to "die" a bit when you mix on the intro and outro as you did with a couple of the tracks get the climaxes a little closer togehter and you would have a seamless mixtape to distribute.

Please make a new one when you feel the times is right, preferably with a few more tracks, try making your tapes at a minimum of 30 minutes so the listeners could have some more to review..

Just my 2 cents=)

Thanks a lot for the feedback man, really appreciate it! Yeah I noticed that the start didn't really flow very well, was trying to be creative and it backfired on me! Haha, I'll definitely take what you've said into consideration though, much appreciated mate!

Will make a new one within the next couple of weeks! :)

Grasshopper
10-18-2012, 07:35 PM
*Bump*