PDA

View Full Version : Anti skate Spring in a 1200. Need help puttin it together

Joe.G
10-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi, i just recently purchased a M3D and a MK2 off of E bay, both are in nice shape but the tone arms are shot on both of them, I have the MK2 apart and I have un seized the Height adjuster and have that working right, I See the tone arm was replaced before, and they did a bad job, does anyone have pic's of how the spring should look on and how to set it?

Thanks

djlotus
10-29-2012, 08:44 PM
PM me.

SilencePB
01-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Was this sorted out? I am looking for some assistance with my anti - skate. I am afraid mine does not work at all. Any & all help will be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Joe.G
01-29-2013, 09:52 AM
All new tone arms on mine, I can't get the antiskate to work like in the videos, but I am assuming mine are working correctly since it all is new.

DjLiquitATL
01-29-2013, 07:31 PM
You can buy a Tonearm fix plate if spring is shot... but if you don't adjust anti-skate spring before you replace tonearm it won't work like videos. Spring has a _l in it. If you are looking at the bottom of the tonearm assembly... move your anti-skate knob until you can see spring move back and forth where Tonearm bar sits. You want spring all the way to the right so that you can install new tonearm. If installed correctly you should see the spring like this _l so when you adjust anti-skate it works... tonearm bar only moves an inch or so once installed but spring holds it in place when done correctly and level I need to create a video about this. Way too many people having same issue with tonearms.

Joe.G
01-30-2013, 09:21 AM
I set mine like the picture in teh manual, Maybe you should do a video, that may help also.

DjLiquitATL
01-31-2013, 09:34 AM
I set mine like the picture in teh manual, Maybe you should do a video, that may help also.

I've got to replace a tonearm lift bar on one of my decks so I might just do that this weekend :-D