PDA

View Full Version : DVS Users: Help me troubleshoot TSP 2.1.2

HStanford1
02-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Hey guys I just finally updated to 2.1.1 and grabbed some MK2 vinyl. I'm running an Ecler Nuo 2 (just received this and it's AMAZING) and Vestax PDX-2000 with Shure m35x.

I can't however get Traktor to give me a good signal for timecode calibration. It says "Skipping" everytime no matter how much tracking force I put on the stylus. I also get the exact same results in the picture when adjusting tonearm height or adding/removing a headshell weight. Can you help me out? It's funny because I can't actually get the vinyl to skip, but seeing it say it on every calibration and the way the cirles look is disturbing.

On a side topic: Why the **** did they even make the MK2 vinyls? NI does so much pointless ****

Here's a picture:
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5431/traktorq.png

EDIT: Since that doesn't seem clickable for those needing to zoom in, here's the direct link.
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5431/traktorq.png

System Specs:
i5 2500k at 4.7gHz
8GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM
3TB 7200RPM HDD, 32mb cache
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit

Equipment:
Vestax PDX2000 MK1 x 2
Ecler Nuo 2.0
NI Audio 4 DJ
Shure M35X

Audio 4 DJ Settings:
Sample Rate :44100mhz
Process Buffer: 256 Samples
USB Buffer: 2ms

TSP2 Audio Setup:
Input Channel: Timecode Vinyl
Enable Multi-core Processor Support
Overall Latency: 10.7ms

HStanford1
02-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Bumping for suggestions.

DJNR
02-15-2012, 06:17 PM
The only things that I can think of that would cause this:
1) Bad/Broken RCA into the Sound Card
2) Headshell not hitting the connector within the tonearm (Which is unlikely, seeing as both decks are doing the same thing)
3) Stylus not attached properly?
4) Something to do with the new MK2 vinyl. Maybe they need special calibration? I use the MK1 still.

Make sure that the RCAs for both the turntables and your output are really snug in there and try recalibrating. Also, if you aren't having any problems and just don't like looking at the vinyl circles, just close them. :P

Hope that helps.

HStanford1
02-15-2012, 07:00 PM
I've narrowed it down today as to something with my PC.
I'm having a sneaky suspicion I'm having driver conflicts that are mucking things up.
Increasing my latency rounds out my scopes a fair bit, will post solution soon in case anyone else runs into the same issue.