PDA

View Full Version : Xone db2 or Xone 42

marcosvls
10-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Hello, my question is whether the xone DB2 is actually much better than the xone 42? I already have the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1E'm doubt I choose which of mixers.
Thanks for your help.

lingk
10-16-2012, 09:54 AM
IF your looking for a mixer with a built in sound card so you don't have to have a sound card and a mixer then your going to want to get the DB2. The sound card in the 42 really isn't that good and can only be used by one channel on the 42. The sound card on the DB2 can be used by all 4 channels as it's a 4 channel sound card. The sound card on the 42 has one stereo out and one stereo in.

The sound card on the 42 is kinda worthless IMO It's USB 1.1 and doesn't offer much.. at most you could use it to record your mixes using the booth out into the in n the sound card.

Nicadraus
10-16-2012, 12:17 PM
If budget isn't an issue, then DB2 is the right choice between the two mixers. :)

Synergy
10-16-2012, 12:18 PM
DB2, hands down. no questions. db2.

ampnation
10-16-2012, 12:41 PM
I have heard there are some fairly serious quality issues with the Xone 22 and 42. I haven't heard the same for the DB2 or DB4. My understanding is, A&H outsourced the bottom end of their product line to China which hasn't worked out well. I have nothing against Chinese manufacture, but done wrong, it can lead to serious quality problems. At any rate, I would definitely go for the DB2 over a 42. In general, A&H has great products. I own a live sound mixer of theirs I love. In fact, I've toyed with the idea of getting a Xone 464 and the optional sys-link on both mixers so I could have in effect a 20 channel live sound mixer + 6 channel DJ/stereo channel mixer. My MixWizard doesn't have any stereo I/O's. The only reason I haven't is, it is overkill for my needs so far.

Andrew B
10-16-2012, 01:19 PM
I have heard there are some fairly serious quality issues with the Xone 22 and 42. I haven't heard the same for the DB2 or DB4. My understanding is, A&H outsourced the bottom end of their product line to China which hasn't worked out well. I have nothing against Chinese manufacture, but done wrong, it can lead to serious quality problems. At any rate, I would definitely go for the DB2 over a 42. In general, A&H has great products. I own a live sound mixer of theirs I love. In fact, I've toyed with the idea of getting a Xone 464 and the optional sys-link on both mixers so I could have in effect a 20 channel live sound mixer + 6 channel DJ/stereo channel mixer. My MixWizard doesn't have any stereo I/O's. The only reason I haven't is, it is overkill for my needs so far.

All A&H products are made in China (for the last 5 or so years).

hoff
10-16-2012, 06:55 PM
the DB2 is made in the UK. it's phenomenal btw.

Andrew B
10-16-2012, 08:24 PM
the DB2 is made in the UK. it's phenomenal btw.

For reals? Are both DBs made in the UK?

edit: Yes. Pretty cool. :tup:

icbicb
10-17-2012, 11:09 AM

Where exactly have you heard about quality issues with Xone 42 ? And specifically what are those issues ?

ampnation
10-17-2012, 04:31 PM
I've heard about it on this forum. I don't remember all the issues specifically but I do remember there's an issue with the standup on one of the connectors, that it is prone to breaking. It seems there are one or two other frequent problem areas too.

lingk
10-18-2012, 08:49 AM
The only thing that I have read or heard about was on the first gen of the Xone:22 It had a lot of sound issue and the connectors would brake. I haven't read a whole lot about the 42 having issues. just that the soundcard is garbage.

Adzm00
10-18-2012, 08:57 AM
For reals? Are both DBs made in the UK?

edit: Yes. Pretty cool. :tup:

UK > everywhere else.

Also DB2 is by far a better mixer.

noize_unit
10-24-2012, 03:10 PM
shamless plug my Xone 42 works like a dream and is for sale on the forum for much cheaper than a DB2 :teef: