PDA

View Full Version : Rane MP22 channel out

djtommyk
10-15-2012, 12:45 PM
I've been running with an MP22 Rane mixer for years. The thing is a dinosaur, but has been solid throughout its many trials. Last year, the right main output went out during a gig. The indicator lights on the mixer were only blinking on the left channel, and no sound was coming out of the right. It wasn't an issue, since I quickly switched to the mono output for my right speaker and the gig went on. I later did some tinkering and found that pushing down on the mixer below the indicator lights made the right channel come back in! The lights lit up again, and stereo sound has been coming out of the mixer ever since.

Two weeks ago, I got the same issue. Right speaker channel went out (including indicator lights). I pushed down on the mixer like before, and it came back on momentarily. But shortly, it went back off. Again, not a problem since I have my mono output. I would like to fix this since I love using this mixer. If I take the top panel off, is there an easy fix? Or is this something I should ship it out to a pro for? If so, any suggestions for the New Jersey, USA area?