PDA

View Full Version : Miami amateur help, need some info if possible

ianantonich
10-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Hey guys I am new to the forum as well as an amateur bedroom dj. I can do basic mixing and some intermediate scratching but nothing great. I am looking for a mentor or a place to meet local amateur DJ's. I have done some research and there are plenty of "DJ schools" in the area but they are quite expensive and I do not know if it is really worth the money. I have no problem paying for lessons. I would much rather find out where the local amateurs or non amateurs hang out in Miami and get to meet them and then just watch and spin with them for experience or even find someone who gives private lessons. I have been teaching myself for a few years but need some help yet. Music is my passion and life. I practice daily and have spent the cash on the gear. I am serious about learning and want to get into the scene here in Miami. If anyone has any info i would appreciate it. I have been thinking about just going to one of the academys but like I said it is pricy and I am not sure how much I will really get out of it.

Thanks.