PDA

View Full Version : Mixer question

icbicb
10-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Since I may be forced to change mixers, I need help:

Need quality 3/4 channel mixer with great Eq section and faders. Don't need fx, midi nor audio interface included, for as little cash as possible.

I went down the Denon DN-X1100 road (500 Euros), but after few months, bass knobs started making noise. So I need replacement mixer. After some research it seems my options are extremely limited: Xone 42 or pioneer djm 700 for some more cash. Empath is out of my price range, and Ecler mixers I can't get hold of in my country, so forget about them.

If nobody has any other advice next to xone 42 and djm 700, I just need to know how is build quality of xone 42, considering it's made in china as of late. If they are known for having problems as well, I might go with djm 700.

Ofc most important for me now is Build Quality, so recommend me one of these just based on that.

Appreciate your help.

Nicadraus
10-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Even Pioneer mixers now are made in China. Either the xone42 or the DJM-700 are good. But I would go for the Pioneer because it has more features and feel. I'm not very keen on A&H mixers to be honest.

icbicb
10-13-2012, 01:31 AM
Even Pioneer mixers now are made in China. Either the xone42 or the DJM-700 are good. But I would go for the Pioneer because it has more features and feel. I'm not very keen on A&H mixers to be honest.

Have you had any hands-on experience with any of these 2 mixers? Pioneers ate made in Malaysia (almost the same, yes) but have best quality control of all manufacturers afaik. And like I said , I don't care about features, I only need best build quality mixer for a little money as possible. Xone 42 is much cheaper then djm 700 tbh, but I'm afraid it might die fast as well as my current mixer :/