PDA

View Full Version : Washington DC DJs

tuurrtles
10-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Are there any DC DJs on here? Maryland? Virginia? Close to DC I mean...

I wonder if I can search for members by location...

KLH
10-11-2012, 07:49 AM
There's a map (http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?57-DJF-Members-Map)available.

Also, check out the region sections of DJF.

-KLH

MeowMix
10-11-2012, 10:40 AM
sup..

Mixxed
10-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Present

Bobby
10-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Why are you looking for them?

Waterbeat
10-12-2012, 06:45 AM
If you want to network with DJs in the DC area, the weekly Transit party is the place to go. Transit events are posted on this DJF page. Also, for weekly invites via FB, send a friend request to:
http://www.facebook.com/Transit.NoVa

If you visit the party, ask for a member of the Give Productions crew and introduce yourself.

tuurrtles
10-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Hey what's up Waterbeat.

Yeah, I plan on going next Wednesday, though I won't be able to make it until late. I went over to the East Coast forums the other day for the first time and it was the very top post. Good timing I guess. Can't wait. i'll try to burn some mixes and have some makeshift cards for my soundcloud page. Anything else I should bring?

Waterbeat
10-12-2012, 07:11 AM
Nothing else to bring. Just ask for someone from Give. I'm known there as DJ Al, but I won't be there next week. I'll catch up with you eventually if you continue to attend. Transit is an underground EDM party and usually a different genre is featured each week. You will not hear HipHop and Top 40 at this party. If you come regularly, you'll learn a lot about EDM and meet a lot of good people. It is a PLUR crowd with a good vibe and you will not run into people acting out as in your earlier story. Have fun!

tuurrtles
10-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Haha thats funny that you read that story. Yeah that sucked.

This is my first venture into the "scene" so to speak. I'm the only one of my friends out here in DC that likes edm. It's been a lonely road so far, so I look forward to finding some people to go out with too and check out various venues. Also glad you guys feature a different genre each week. Forces me to branch out! Also the fact that this is an underground party is even better. Is there a cover?

Waterbeat
10-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Free party. You must be 21. This venue recently opened and for the time being, locality red tape requires you to RSVP in advance at this URL: http://tinyurl.com/bsk2ztp Once on this list, you don't need to do it again. You can additionally do a "join" each week on the FB invite to get your name out there in view.

The Blackest
10-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Here as well.

What up Al?!! Been a while.

Waterbeat
10-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Hey Dave. Come to Transit and check out RedZone. Just like Bridges only refurbished. Transit came home.

The Blackest
10-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Yeah I know! My job doesn't give me thursdays off anymore :cry:

I missed that place. Glad its back there.

colione98
10-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Im moving up to the DMV area and have been doing my research. Im EDM and coming from Miami. Good too see some networking done here. I wish miami had the same type of camaraderie for locals. Def looking fwd to some meet ups. I will come back to this page for sure.

tuurrtles
10-16-2012, 09:30 AM
The Blackest, I have been tryig to send you a PM but it keeps glitching. Probably because I'm on a work computer.

Anyhow, I'm going to try my best to make it tomorrow night to Transit after class. If i'm not too tired, I can probably be there at like 11pm.

If you are definitely going, I'll go. If you're not going, I might not go.

The Blackest
10-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Yeah I won't be able to make it tomorrow night. I am hitting up Uhall on Thursday night since Friday is my only day off this week. We'll link up man!

The Blackest
10-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Oh my inbox was full. PMs have been cleared

DJ Hi Def
10-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Sup!!

tuurrtles
10-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Does anybody have any gigs coming up this weekend? Hope all is well.