PDA

View Full Version : Flyer for "Pub Special", thoughts?

Quentin Legend
02-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Took a while but should do the job.

Basically a flyer for promoting a special we're running specifically for Pubs.

No prices on the flyer itself as we want the Pubs to contact us for more info, we will also be going to a few pubs for promotional reasons.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee437/Quentin360SA/PubSpecialEdited-Final.jpg

Thoughts?

DJ Hi Def
02-15-2012, 12:59 AM
would be 100% if you added some white in the letters to make it pop

Marc S
02-15-2012, 02:30 AM
i thought that, then i looked at it on another browser,

for some reason this image is badly coded, on ipad and 2 browsers of mine the main logo/text is black but on this its white. most bizarre.

Quentin Legend
02-15-2012, 06:05 AM
i thought that, then i looked at it on another browser,

for some reason this image is badly coded, on ipad and 2 browsers of mine the main logo/text is black but on this its white. most bizarre.

I uploaded the image to Photobucket and just linked to it with the [IMG] tags, so it might be Photobucket.

Works 100% on other forums & FB. :)

EDIT: @Marc S - Thanks for the reply :)

We already sent it to some pubs so can't change it now, but will keep it in mind for future flyers!

Marc S
02-15-2012, 11:29 AM
it will always show right for you because its in your cache, just letting you know though in case you get asked about it. is it in CMYK? that may be the reason why some screens/devices wont show it right.

nice fun flyer though, bright & catchy

http://i39.tinypic.com/1grqfk.jpg

NPC
02-16-2012, 02:39 AM
Looks fine in mine. :shrug:

Quentin Legend
02-16-2012, 02:54 AM
it will always show right for you because its in your cache, just letting you know though in case you get asked about it. is it in CMYK? that may be the reason why some screens/devices wont show it right.

nice fun flyer though, bright & catchy

http://i39.tinypic.com/1grqfk.jpg

CMYK?

It was created in PS:CS5.1 and saved as a normal Jpeg file (nothing out of the ordinary).

Very weird indeed.

Thanks for letting me know though :)

Marc S
02-16-2012, 03:13 AM
CMYK is a jpeg colour setting,

RGB, CMYK, Grey scale, etc.

Printers will only accept work in CMYK usually, worth getting familiar with it since the colours will change slightly if you send print work off in RGB.

Marc S
02-16-2012, 03:14 AM
Looks fine in mine. :shrug:

does to me on my laptop, like i said, not all devices though. its like its in layers for some reason when viewed on mobile device, i cant work out why, as long as the printers dont see it that way its not an issue.

Quentin Legend
02-16-2012, 04:00 AM
CMYK is a jpeg colour setting,

RGB, CMYK, Grey scale, etc.

Printers will only accept work in CMYK usually, worth getting familiar with it since the colours will change slightly if you send print work off in RGB.

Now it makes sense, I didn't check.

For future flyers, should I save it in CMYK?

Marc S
02-16-2012, 04:45 AM
only the print files, always use rgb for your computer/websites etc

Quentin Legend
02-16-2012, 05:01 AM
only the print files, always use rgb for your computer/websites etc

Okay, will do!

Thanks for all the info :)

addwildchild
02-16-2012, 09:10 PM
absolutely!

Quentin Legend
02-19-2012, 02:36 PM
absolutely!

Absolutely? :)

Damon_Chambers
02-19-2012, 08:02 PM
looks like multicolored sperms.

thats gonna be stuck in your head now and you are not gonna be able to get it out.