PDA

View Full Version : Time to buy a new mixer

djmagnifique
10-06-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm looking to get a new mixer after christmas but i'm on a bit of a budget (around £100). The main requirements are needs to be able to play 3 phono channels at once, bass mid treble and gain on each channel and (optional extra but would really like it) have vu meters on each channel or a cue vu meter.

originally I was looking at the Stanton SMX311 as it looks like it could play all 3 phono channels at once then I came across the Behringer DX626 which looked almost perfect but can't seem to find it in stock anywhere so it may have been discontiued.

If I can raise enough funds I'm considering the Behringer Nox303.

Any recomendations or comments about the ones i've mentioned?

Cheers.

pete
10-06-2012, 04:04 PM
100 quid is really bargain territory, so don't set your sights high and expect to replace or upgrade relatively soon.
Hunt on eBay for a second hand vestax, that's probably all you can hope in your scope.
Behringer have the worst reputation of all DJ equipment. Stay well away.

djmagnifique
10-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Cheers. been out of the buying market for quite a few years and am really just looking for somthing for ****** use at home as I don't play out anywhere. The last couple of mixers i've had have been by Kam and that was back in the late 90's. it's more of a hobby for me now and the occasional family house party so just need something thats ok really.

syks
10-06-2012, 05:23 PM
this would do you mate http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vestax-PMC-17A-Professional-DJ-Mixer-3xPhono-5xLine-3-Channels-4Mic-Send-Ret-/261106175773?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Mixers&hash=item3ccb240f1d good quality mixer and you may get a bargain,only 19hrs left on it...its NOT mine but thought i would have a look around quick for ya as im in a good mood lol :)

djmickyk
10-06-2012, 05:44 PM
i second the vestax,i have a pmc 55 which i love,great build quality with really nice smooth faders :)