PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous Voting

LeFresh
10-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Just wondering why all the battles have anonymous voting now?
You used to be able to see who voted for what.

JackStalk
10-06-2012, 11:24 AM
I guess so people's feelings dont get hurt? The trance tournament runs off of comment-based voting, so you know who voted for you and why.

Sigma
10-07-2012, 12:15 AM
They were originally anonymous. I guess it just depends which mod is posting up the battles and how they approach it.

When I used to mod the battle section, sometimes one or more of the DJs in the battle would vote for themselves which would give away whose mix was whose, so I would always post the polls so they were anonymous too.

Andrew B
10-07-2012, 12:29 AM
I thought they were always anonymous?

Sigma
10-07-2012, 12:39 AM
Jon's posted up some that weren't, for example: -

http://www.djforums.com/forums/poll.php?pollid=25&do=showresults

JonAvalon
10-07-2012, 01:39 AM
I honestly have no idea why i was setting it to be viewable before. I think Kevin mentioned to do so when i first started posting the battles but can't remember. Once the site relaunched i went back to old habits then i stopped doing so.

Rek_Aviles
10-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Yes it's an option you have to check off before posting. I'm pretty sure you can edit the poll and turn that feature on, just as long as the poll is still open for votes.

I usually have it checked, but it's just personal preference. Not sure if there were official instructions on posting battles here.

@JonAvalon: so I can do the same and keep things uniform, will you now post with the option on or off? I'll follow your lead.

Hausgeist
10-07-2012, 10:14 PM
They were originally anonymous.

I assume the old rules still apply.

sometimes one or more of the DJs in the battle would vote for themselves which would give away whose mix was whose, so I would always post the polls so they were anonymous too.

Exactly. The polls should also be anonymous.

LeFresh
10-09-2012, 08:22 PM
I just like dislike peeps that vote for themselves; shits wack.

Hausgeist
10-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Agreed. Winning a battle by voting for yourself is like kissing your sister. :mad:

Stripe
10-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Agreed. Winning a battle by voting for yourself is like kissing your sister. :mad:

some people like that though.