PDA

View Full Version : New mixer: Xone42, djm850 or KONTROL Z2?

marcosvls
10-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Hello all, I come here to make a request for help choosing a new mixer. I've been researching on various websites and forums and come to some conclusions but still would like to hear your views on this matter. Thank you for your availability and I am sure that your answers will be a great help to me.
So this is now the time that I've been looking for a professional mixer, vestax currently have a 002, and a one KONTROL x1 sound card audio KONTROL 1, wanted to upgrade the mixer and my first choice goes to a mixer xone 42 .
My questions are whether the djm 850 or TRAKTOR KONTROL the z2 options would be better or worse in my case, advantages and disadvantages of these mixers over the xone 42.
Thanks again and I apologize if my English is not the best, because it was remixed with Google translator.
Cheers to all.

marcosvls
10-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Normally I get to mix two channels but in the future might want more, I like the effects of traktor and use without exaggerating, I use traktor and a computer and techno mix. The mixer is for use at home, but I want to step dj professional so I want to invest well, to stay with professional equipment for the future. My budget is 800 euros to 1000 euros, but if the mixer really worth can go up to 1500 euros.
I know the djm 850, KONTROL xone 42 and z2 are not all the same level and have different characteristics, but which inclines me to xone is the price, the quality that everyone is talking about and like it, the only thing so that makes me more withdrawn is to be a mixer with many years. A pioneer djm 850 is, industry standard and stuff, despite being expensive and I do not much interest for the effects, but it is modern and not know how far the sound quality could be better. The KONTROL z2 is like a dream come true, I started playing with traktor on the computer and even though I enjoy djing this was my first experience and I have a huge affection for traktor, but sometimes looks like a toy compared to other I want something mixers and pro. If they were all the same price and the same quality I chose KONTROL z2 the affection I have for traktor.
Mixers of all the ones I've ever tried was a djm 700 from a friend, but it seems a bit outdated.
Another point is that I have the audio kontrol1e the x1, is an investment that is already done and I have to monetize it in these times of crisis and be able to save some money is always better.

Nicadraus
10-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Of the 3 choices, I'd go with the DJM-850. It's also a Traktor Scratch certified mixer so no need for the external soundcard (A4, A6, A8 or A10) with Pioneer's decent (actually very good) effects. And since you already have an X1, that would be awesome to play with the DJM-850. So you're like getting a combination of the xone42 + K2. :tup:

DJ Highline
10-06-2012, 08:12 AM
The new Kontrol Z2 is a game changer for Traktor in my opinion. The 2 + 2 concept i think is going to be a major hit. I think this is how most DJs are now using the 4 decks in Traktor. Decks A + B playing your main songs with decks C & D as sample and loop decks. Keeps everything simple.

Another alternative is the Denon DN-X1600. That is a fully Traktor certified 4 channel mixer with a decent but not overwhelming EFX section as well and gets great reviews and only cost a little bit more than a Xone 42. Definitely worth a look.

Adzm00
10-08-2012, 06:36 AM
I have the DJM850, its better than I thought it would be, plenty of options for connecting to a computer, built in sound card, good effects with the depth option additing a little extra to them when you use them, its sturdy and simple to use.