PDA

View Full Version : Numark NS7

djnotapplicable
02-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Hey everyone,

I just bought a Numark NS7 last week and I have been LOVING it. I don't really like the stigma of being a "controllerist", so I figured the NS7 would be a nice transition to working with the real stuff. I used to use TP2 and now I'm running Serato Itch.... not the best, but it works. I'm really hoping that Numark creates a mapping for TP2.
I don't really have a reason to be starting this thread other than I wanted to talk about my new equipment. haha

What do you think? Would you still consider the NS7 to be a controller? I mean, it's no more of a controller than some CDJs would be IMO. Also, has anyone heard of Numark creating a TP2 mapping for the NS7? I don't hate Serato, it's just that I like some of the features that TP2 has to offer that Serato doesn't

Sorry for the randomness :freak:

-DJ N?A

electricsmooth
02-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Dude, the NS7 is the best controller out there for sure in my opinion. I had one and have moved on to decks and mixers but the more I fool around with the other stuff, the more I realize that the NS7 had everything that I ever needed. It is not a toy and don't get caught up in the controller vs. cdj battle. The ns7 is like an out of the box midi-mapped 2xcdj+mixer for itch. A lot of the CDJs are exactly that as well (pre-mapped for traktor and Scratch).

The only downside to the NS7 is that it was designed solely for Itch. i don't have a problem with this but if you are a traktor guy, I highly doubt there will ever be a map for TP2. You will likely need to get a traktor S4 or S2 or a different traktor based controller. But, before you do that, just remember that the NS7 (and Itch) is likely all you will ever need for strictly DJing. Since I've sold mine, I have come to learn that Itch now has the Bridge as well.

djnotapplicable
02-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Right?? It's such a sick unit! I'm really loving it so far
Like I said, I'm not hating on Itch; its does everything I need it to do. I just wish that I at least had to option of using Traktor with it. But, it's really not a big deal. If I (or anyone) REALLY wants to use the NS7 with traktor, I have seen some home-made mappings out there on the internet.

I did hear about the bridge....I'll have to look further into that

DJ Boom Bap
02-14-2012, 04:39 PM
No Bridge yet......but Video in March

djnotapplicable
02-14-2012, 04:50 PM
No Bridge yet......but Video in March

....? What do you mean? I'm pretty sure it's already out and available. At least that is what it looks like based off of the Serato and Ableton websites.

And there are some really sick vids on youtube of people using it. I like this one in particular
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKGL6qVpZg8

Andrew B
02-14-2012, 05:18 PM
....? What do you mean? I'm pretty sure it's already out and available. At least that is what it looks like based off of the Serato and Ableton websites.

And there are some really sick vids on youtube of people using it. I like this one in particular
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKGL6qVpZg8

It's not out for ITCH yet. No word on availability AFAIK.

djnotapplicable
02-14-2012, 05:58 PM
It's not out for ITCH yet. No word on availability AFAIK.

Ooooh ok, I didn't realize it wasn't for ITCH. Well, I'm excited for whenever it does! It seems like fun

KLH
02-16-2012, 11:14 AM
I loved the NS7 when I had it.

I just had to get more decks and a sampler at the time so I sold it and got the S4. Now that ITCH has a sampler, I'd love to hear if using the NS7 with the ITCH sampler is great or not.

-KLH

DJ Braz
02-17-2012, 09:15 AM
^ sampler works really well in my opinion...just like anything else just gotta use it and get used to it...

DJ Boom Bap
02-17-2012, 08:05 PM
The sampler doesn't work for me. The looping, starting, ending, etc. is really hit or miss and glitchy for me for some reason.

djpanda
02-21-2012, 06:05 PM
i love my ns7 and everything about it!! i do wish the vinyls were bigger though...

Austin GoGreen
02-22-2012, 09:19 AM
I love my NS7 so much that I'm currently using it more than my 1200's/Rane57. With Video support coming in March I couldn't be any happier... I've put mine through HEAVY usage. It really is a great kit. Only problem I had was starting out with a PC laptop that wasn't strong enough. I had a lot of drops. I also had to scan and repair all of my mp3's when I got my Macbook. A couple knobs are starting to loosen up, I'm a little worried about that. Overall, I can get down with the NS7 anyday of the week. NS7/Itch is my controller of choice. When mine breaksdown, I'll buy another.