PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Vestax VCI 400

JPoZ
10-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Hello world!

I'll be quite honest, I have just joined this group few minutes ago... because I am getting very frustrated.

I have acquired my first midi controller, the VCI 400, looks awesome, beautiful, sweet... BUT... it can't seem to work

I have installed all the drivers, even updated the firmwares. Installed the softwares provided with it (Virtual DJ 7 LE, serato itch intro) and even the Traktor Pro 2.5 demo. My computer recognizes the controller fine. I can hear what I am playing from my computer to the speakers I have attached to it. But the controller does not seem to synchronize with any of these three softwares. Serato itch intro does not recognise it and Virtual DJ or traktor recognize the controller, but just for the audio part... So I simply cannot control ther softwares with the controller.

I have tried using different usb ports, upgrading the firmwares, installed the midi mappings for traktor, reinstalled the drivers, updates all the windows updates, looked up the internet for similar issues... but nothing, can't find any solution to that problem. I would like to see if on another computer the problem is the same (hence knowing if it is the hardware which is faulty), but I have yet to find someone else with whom I could test the controller.

So I promise, if anyone can help me solve this problem, I'll dedicate my first (real) mix to him/her ;-) I mean "real" because I've already done 2 mix, but only through my computer+mouse... and it ain't easy...

Anyway, wish you all a good nite and thanks to anyone who can help or even give me few directions as to where to look to solve that issue (by the way, vestax customer support has yet to answer me...)

Cheers to all!

JPoZ (http://soundcloud.com/jpoz)

DJ Que Yi
10-03-2012, 03:37 PM
I wish I had a solution to your problem. I'm dealing with firmware update issues ad controller bricking on my new VCI 300 MKII. I've researched some great info off of the Serato boards and by contacting Vestax support via phone and email. They take about a day to respond. Good luck.

djslik
10-08-2012, 04:56 PM
In Serato check if you have the shift key option selected, because if you do and you don't have caps lock on, the controller won't cue up. In ITCH do you see two platters show up in the software? If not then the VCI isn't getting recognized. Are you seeing the VCI light up with all LED's on? If not then the controller is not connected. Try up****** the firmware of the VCI through the software. If all else fails then return to the place you bought it and claim it as Dead On Arrival. I had to deal with Vestax on my busted VCI 300 MKII and after being an avid Vestax fanboy I have vowed never to support their company again due to real shitty customer service. Hopefully it's not a hardware issue.

punky
10-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Try running the setup wizard in Traktor.