PDA

View Full Version : Denon DNX 1100 Low EQ Crackling

Timdnb
10-03-2012, 11:04 AM
So I've had this mixer for just under 4 months now and on channel 2 and 3 (the channels I use) the bass knobs have decided to become crackly already?? I air dusted them to no avail. What should I do?

icbicb
10-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Really ?

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Also Bass on 2 and 3 (1 and 4 I don't use still), same model. I thought it was my unit that is faulty, but it seems whole DN-X1100 series is faulty with that.

I got bass on channel 3 became cracly after only 2 months and now after 7 months I got bass on channel 2 also faulty. I returned the mixer to service but they say it's MY problem. I'm like WTF, it says Professional mixer and I used it only at home for few months. How would it work in a club environment when every night some other dj is banging it ?

i'm extremely dissapointed and not sure what to do if they don't take it back :/

Timdnb
10-12-2012, 05:18 AM
This doesn't sound good. Well I sent mine back as it is under warranty but if they do fix it I might just sell it. Feel a bit guilty but I don't want a mixer that can't even last 4 months haha

icbicb
10-12-2012, 09:30 AM
This doesn't sound good. Well I sent mine back as it is under warranty but if they do fix it I might just sell it. Feel a bit guilty but I don't want a mixer that can't even last 4 months haha

Yep, I'm with you on this. Lost faith in Denon mixers for good. Now I'm not sure what should I get since this mixer was cheapest one I could find with 4 channels and to be any good (I thought at a time). Now I think I might go with Xone 42 best, but since it's made in China now, I'm not sure if it can be expected to fail as well.... Or maybe I should just drop hard earned cash on DJM 700 and be doen with it (at least Pioneer still has the best build quality).

Shame really as I was really liking working on this mixer.. But build quality is worst I have seen. My 2-channel Numark has lasted me 8 years and pots died only after several years and mixer cost around 150E at the time. I'm still not sure how Denon can advertise this as pro mixer and have pots die in a matter of months. Shame.

light-o-matic
10-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Denon DJ stuff has always been like this.. look nice, tons of features.. but lacking in quality/performance.

Adzm00
10-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Get rid of it.

I had problems with my old Denon mixer (x1500) which I bought when it had just come out. Turns out its not the best quality and when you try deal with Denon they give you the same arrogant half arsed customer service and tell you its your problem.

I will never buy denon again (even though apparently they have a few well built mixers these days).

icbicb
10-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Bah... my last Denon as well. I will go most likely for pioneer djm 700 or Xone 42... Empath is out of my price league although I would pick it up first if I wanted to spend that kind of money.

I can get xone 42 for around 600-650 Euros
Pioneer djm 700 for around 850-900 Euros.

Still can't decide.. would go for xone 42 if I could know it would work perfectly. But I heard also bad stories for xone 42, so djm 700 might be a better choice in the end.

Any suggestions ?

Nicadraus
10-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Get rid of it.

I had problems with my old Denon mixer (x1500) which I bought when it had just come out. Turns out its not the best quality and when you try deal with Denon they give you the same arrogant half arsed customer service and tell you its your problem.

I will never buy denon again (even though apparently they have a few well built mixers these days).

I thought Denon only had a bad after sales service here in Manila. Their service centers are often out of parts or they take forever to fix things. That's why they can never be at par with Pioneer when it comes to reliability, sturdiness, service, and support.

light-o-matic
10-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Get rid of it.

..when you try deal with Denon they give you the same arrogant half arsed customer service and tell you its your problem.

I will never buy denon again

Yea exactly.. they are just assholes, at this point Denon is just off my list. Whatever gear I need, I can get from a better company. There's nothing they make that someone else doesn't make better.

Adzm00
10-16-2012, 05:11 AM
Yea exactly.. they are just assholes, at this point Denon is just off my list. Whatever gear I need, I can get from a better company. There's nothing they make that someone else doesn't make better.

True, they just get you with all these features that are on higher end models but Denons prices look more reasonable, that is until you own the product and realise why it is cheaper.

Timdnb
10-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Oh dear haha anyone want to buy my Denon when it comes back from repairs?

If not it better not break again I bought it over a nuo 4.0!

icbicb
10-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Oh dear haha anyone want to buy my Denon when it comes back from repairs?

If not it better not break again I bought it over a nuo 4.0!

I bet it will break again... or on channels 1 and 4 now xD. Any Ecler would be better than this imo.

light-o-matic
10-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Yea, for future reference, the Nuo 4.0 is totally nice, my friend has one and I've played parties on it. I have a Nuo 4 and a Nuo 2 and love em.