PDA

View Full Version : Change username / Delete account

Matt Deemer
10-01-2012, 09:11 AM
So this website has NO way to change usernames or delete/recreate accounts?

Disgusting AND ILLEGAL!

:-/ Not happy.

Andrew B
10-01-2012, 11:01 AM
You can change your username by contacting an admin. I'm not familiar with any forums where you can change your username or delete your account. And it's not at all illegal.

You only have two embarrassing posts so far. I can delete those if you would like.

Matt Deemer
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Well in the UK you have to let people delete their data, by law! It's called the Data Protection Act. Not sure about America but thought it'd be the same.

And my posts aren't embarrassing. When I realised it had used my full name, including surname, from Facebook I spent about an hour searching through all the control panel, FAQ etc looking for a way to remove my surname. Annoyed and frustrated I tried to find a way to delete my account so I could recreate it without a Facebook link... nothing is possible.

So yes it's ridiculous and I was getting more and more annoyed after wasting so much time!!

My posts don't need changing or deleting... my username does. And my other post is also correct and accurate.

Andrew B
10-01-2012, 11:59 AM
If you want, you can start a new account with whatever name you want and I can ban/delete this one. That'll be much quicker than getting a name change. The admins are incredibly busy.

FWIW, deleting a forum account isn't covered under the Data Protection Act.

Matt Deemer
10-01-2012, 12:18 PM
yea that's fine, I'll create a new account minus the facebook link. Thanks.

And a forum account is covered, especially if it shows a person's real name. Under UK law you can request the deletion of any personal information, including name/email address etc. Forum accounts are certainly covered (I know as I'm a web designer)

Andrew B
10-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Where'd you go? Send me a PM when you create a new account and I'll take care of this one.

Marc S
10-04-2012, 09:56 AM
yea that's fine, I'll create a new account minus the facebook link. Thanks.

And a forum account is covered, especially if it shows a person's real name. Under UK law you can request the deletion of any personal information, including name/email address etc. Forum accounts are certainly covered (I know as I'm a web designer)

you are wrong btw, its not illegal, especially as an end user option.

SplishDJ
07-27-2013, 04:59 AM
Hi there :)

I set up my account quite some time ago, before I started working under my current DJ alias...who can I contact to change my username (sorry, I'm not too sure who is who around here :freak: )

Will MaXimal
07-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi there :)

I set up my account quite some time ago, before I started working under my current DJ alias...who can I contact to change my username (sorry, I'm not too sure who is who around here :freak: )

Changes to your user name are processed by our administrators. If you like, send me a PM and I will forward it to an administrator for you :tup:

DjDisArm
07-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Who's an admin I can contact about changing my user name

Synaxis
07-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Who's an admin I can contact about changing my user name

Read the post right above yours...

Will MaXimal
07-30-2013, 06:23 PM
I have received the request and forwarded it to an Admin :tup: