PDA

View Full Version : Top 40 Huge mix SUMMER 2012!!! Yee boyy!!

Baller95
09-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Alright guys I worked super hard on this please listen to the whole thing even if you don't like it it's not a very long mix. :p

http://www.mixcloud.com/baller95/newest-mix/

Track list is posted on the mixcloud link!

Baller95
09-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Give me some honest feedback!

DJ-Veaux
09-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Ok, please don't take this personally, but this really wasn't my piece of cake.

For one, you abused that flanger in the middle of the mix. Only use the effects if you have a very good reason. And it has to be more than just looking busy. No one will notice/care about whether you missed an effect or not. Use the effects as a surprise to give the songs a little more pizaz.

Another thing, PLEASE don't turn the base that loud so that it sounds all grainy. Not only does it sound bad on computer speakers, it sounds REALLY bad on actual speakers with a better bass output.

Also, even though this may be an advanced topic (I still work on it), make sure your songs, if you mix melodies together, COMPLEMENT. I just had sex does not go well with never gonna give you up especially when you forget to beatmatch.

To sum up with one last note, phrase match. Google it if you want to learn more, but basically it is the art of knowing when to throw on a song as another one is playing.

Please understand, I am not trying to insult you, I am just trying to help! My first mix sucked, but I learned from it and moved on. I still practice even after being in this hobby for about 6 months or so.
Don't expect to be the next Tiesto within a week! It'll take a month or two before you really get the hang of it.

Just practice and have fun! Eventually, you will get the hang of it ;)

Baller95
09-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Ok, please don't take this personally, but this really wasn't my piece of cake.

For one, you abused that flanger in the middle of the mix. Only use the effects if you have a very good reason. And it has to be more than just looking busy. No one will notice/care about whether you missed an effect or not. Use the effects as a surprise to give the songs a little more pizaz.

Another thing, PLEASE don't turn the base that loud so that it sounds all grainy. Not only does it sound bad on computer speakers, it sounds REALLY bad on actual speakers with a better bass output.

Also, even though this may be an advanced topic (I still work on it), make sure your songs, if you mix melodies together, COMPLEMENT. I just had sex does not go well with never gonna give you up especially when you forget to beatmatch.

To sum up with one last note, phrase match. Google it if you want to learn more, but basically it is the art of knowing when to throw on a song as another one is playing.

Please understand, I am not trying to insult you, I am just trying to help! My first mix sucked, but I learned from it and moved on. I still practice even after being in this hobby for about 6 months or so.
Don't expect to be the next Tiesto within a week! It'll take a month or two before you really get the hang of it.

Just practice and have fun! Eventually, you will get the hang of it ;)

Dude you're great!! I posted this mix up as a joke but I'm surprised how nicely you put it! +rep

DJ-Veaux
09-29-2012, 01:40 AM
Ah ok. Then this was a well placed joke :lol:

Do you have any other mixes up?

Baller95
09-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Ah ok. Then this was a well placed joke :lol:

Do you have any other mixes up?

Yea my soundcloud has my mixes - http://soundcloud.com/kingofhearts100

Jeremy Herring
09-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Bass was crackling !!!! @ about 2 mins....... o wait this was a troll song .fukin rick rolled

Baller95
09-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Hahsha yes it was a troll mix, got rick rolled :p