PDA

View Full Version : Serato Control Vinyl Question....

DJ Hype.One
09-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Hi, I have been looking everywhere and I couldn't find a direct answer. I was doing some research on ebay and youtube about other color options for my Serato control vinyl. The color changing is cool and everything but i mainly need it to work. Now, Serato has had some sick colors but they weren't just out for sale they were like limited edition and shit.. When I was on youtube I saw a company by the name of Time Code Vinyl, however when I visited the website they seemed to disappear from the face of the earth haha. I was wondering if anybody used any vinyl that DIDN'T come from Serato...any input?

DJNR
09-27-2012, 01:27 PM
I haven't, but I still wouldn't recommend it. I can't see any other vinyl company making anything as good for Serato than the manufacterer.

Andrew B
09-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Why? Serato vinyl is currently available in quite a few colors.

DeeJayTex
09-27-2012, 02:27 PM
The limited editions vinyls are usually Promo's for Serato like the White and Pinks, or are limited Serato pressings Labels have done up that has a control tone on one side and music tracks or samples on the other side.

People like me who spend all their money collecting Kicks and Records ect ect have a hard time passing them up :(

funkyfresh
09-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Ever try SicWax CV for Serato? I dont think they work with SSL versions 2.0 and up though.....

purex like soap
09-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Ever try SicWax CV for Serato? I dont think they work with SSL versions 2.0 and up though.....

they have newer control vinyl that does. i bought glow in the dark not too long ago and it works great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZivnzuTxs-Y

Andrew B
09-27-2012, 07:05 PM
^^ Why not just get Serato glow in the dark vinyl?

DJ Hype.One
09-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks everybody, so sicwax is pretty good? As for the Serato colors, I have most of them lol there's just some that I wasn't able to get that other companies might make lol.

DJ Hype.One
09-27-2012, 07:22 PM
The limited editions vinyls are usually Promo's for Serato like the White and Pinks, or are limited Serato pressings Labels have done up that has a control tone on one side and music tracks or samples on the other side.

People like me who spend all their money collecting Kicks and Records ect ect have a hard time passing them up :(
haha I feel you, I'm a vinyl head too..I caught myself almost paying $650 for white Serato Vinyl but then I was like fuck that cuz I know I'm gonna use them haha

purex like soap
09-27-2012, 11:45 PM
^^ Why not just get Serato glow in the dark vinyl?

serato glow in the dark control vinyl are $30 a record. the sicwax vinyl were $7 a record.

ben mills
09-28-2012, 11:22 AM
I use time code that didn't come from Serato.

It came from Native Instruments.

TheRabbitMonk
09-28-2012, 12:29 PM
they have newer control vinyl that does. i bought glow in the dark not too long ago and it works great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZivnzuTxs-Y

they look ace but what the hell do you do to them at 0.20?

DJ Hype.One
09-28-2012, 05:15 PM
I use time code that didn't come from Serato.

It came from Native Instruments.

How did that work out for you?

purex like soap
09-29-2012, 02:44 PM
they look ace but what the hell do you do to them at 0.20?

haha, i turned on a black light to get the full effect of the glow in the dark

TheRabbitMonk
09-30-2012, 07:15 AM
haha, i turned on a black light to get the full effect of the glow in the dark

it looks the nuts mate. i often start mixing late evening and then next minute the rooms dark, which ain't to bad as you have your laptop anyway. But i might indulge in a pair of them i think.

DJ_Wonderdog
10-01-2012, 03:27 PM
http://www.cloqwerks.com/

Saw this posted on Reddit today. They "get away with it" by advertising that they are back-ups to the Serato vinyl that you purchased with the software. The donations they ask for are just to cover the cost of shipping and materials. I am curious about them. I would love to give them a try but afraid of them not working. I've also heard that the Sicwax don't work with any version of SSL above 2.0.

purex like soap
10-02-2012, 12:29 AM
the video i posted was with scratch live version 2.4.1

DJNR
10-02-2012, 01:28 AM

Saw this posted on Reddit today. They "get away with it" by advertising that they are back-ups to the Serato vinyl that you purchased with the software. The donations they ask for are just to cover the cost of shipping and materials. I am curious about them. I would love to give them a try but afraid of them not working. I've also heard that the Sicwax don't work with any version of SSL above 2.0.

According to DJWorx the concept is cool but the actual vinyl is "rubbish".

Dave Daschofsky
10-02-2012, 03:34 AM
The new neon ones look pretty cool too.

DJ Hype.One
10-03-2012, 07:29 PM

so....anybody give these a try? lol