PDA

View Full Version : How Clubbing Changed the World - With Stringer Bell

Mahatma Coat
09-27-2012, 04:00 AM
Channel 4 in the UK showed this documentary at the end of August, it covers the 'top 40' moments in club culture, from the days of Studio 54 & Paradise Garage through to dubstep & Skrillex.

Its done from a UK Perspective, but its pretty comprehensive for a programme like this, featuring Chicago house/Frankie Knuckles & Marshall Jefferson & Detroit techno/Kevin Saunderson; Kraftwerk; Acid/Dj Pierre & the Roland TB-303; hardcore/drum & Bass & Goldie's timestretching; Paul Oakenfold, Danny Rampling & Ibiza/Shoom etc etc. The programme basically knows what its on about and includes the major stuff.

Its not set in a chronological narrative but jumps around, but by the end of the programme you have a pretty good (and accurate) idea about how modern electronic music developed, especially in the UK.

There's far worse ways to spend two hours twenty minutes anyway, although Stringer Bell can get on your tits & David Guetta is clearly a cunt.

YTaxGPrg5ew

AdrianR
09-27-2012, 04:17 AM
wasnt this done like 3 weeks ago?

TCMuc
09-27-2012, 06:15 AM
Does anybody have a link to this video on e.g. myvideo (basically everything but youtube would do...) as I live in Germany and the youtube video is blocked here thanks to our sh*#f#*@ing performing rights society...

Mahatma Coat
09-27-2012, 06:35 AM
wasnt this done like 3 weeks ago?

Ah, my fault, it would appear I have committed a fail.

AdrianR
09-28-2012, 06:37 AM
All good. I was born a fail. :D

lingk
09-28-2012, 09:55 AM
This is a great video on the scene. kind of long and I don't agree with it 100%. It's great to have someone who is getting into djing and producing to watch. gives you a quick perspective on where it all came from and sorta where it's going.