PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Xone:22 Crossfader

samga
09-26-2012, 10:06 PM
The crossfader on my xone:22 bleeds. I can't afford a new mixer at the time and was wondering, would an innofader fix the problem? any other suggestions ?

syks
09-27-2012, 04:35 AM
yep get an innofader,will sort your problem and you will have the nicest fader around :)

samga
09-27-2012, 08:47 AM
awesome, thank you

syks
09-28-2012, 02:44 AM
no worries :) let us know what you think of the innofader if you get it,im sure you will be very happy though.

Peace

Blueprint
09-28-2012, 10:29 AM
The Xone 22 line of mixers have been absolute garbage, been reading waaay too many issues about them since day 1.

Will MaXimal
09-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Innofader :slayer:

tekno_violet
09-28-2012, 04:44 PM
The Xone 22 line of mixers have been absolute garbage, been reading waaay too many issues about them since day 1.

I disagree, mines a beast.

I do have the bleeding fader issue (after 1 year ) but for $300 you can't go wrong.
Its a solid no bs mixer and will keep mine.

I wish the innofader (down here)didn't cost as much as my mixer tho :blank:

Blueprint
09-28-2012, 06:16 PM
I disagree...
...I do have the bleeding fader issue

what?

bobbyd
09-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Some djs aren't crossfader centric - and this mixer is actually designed for djs who work more with faders. Personally, I will mix with channel faders at lease 50% of the time, so having a bad crossfader doesn't make the whole mixer junk. I don't know how many times I have heard people recommend mixers for purchase and in the same breath recommend that they replace the crossfader right out of the box. The audio and fader quality of the mixer besides the crossfader is very nice. The EQs are nice, and the feature set is better than anything else at the price point. But yes, it does have a crummy crossfader, and if you plan on scratching - this is the wrong mixer for you.

Synergy
09-29-2012, 10:37 AM
i have the xone 22 and i have had it for going on around 3 years, abused the shit out of it. no problems what.so.ever.

still like new. one of the best mixers I have ever owned.

Blueprint
09-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Cool point, too bad it doesn't matter. Do a search.

contra
09-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Aren't there quality control issues with other A+H mixers (except the db2+db4) since they moved production to China? I was considering a Xone:42 but not if I keep on hearing shit like this.

samga
10-07-2012, 08:17 PM
does anybody else with a xone:22 hear a crackling noise whenever you turn on the filter?

contra
10-07-2012, 08:32 PM
I had that with my Xone:32. Try turning down the resonance in the lower frequency ranges.

Ocie
10-07-2012, 08:39 PM
does anybody else with a xone:22 hear a crackling noise whenever you turn on the filter?

yeah, the "pop" you hear is notorious for the 22. i just engage it on the 2 or 4 count.

mine has a bleeding fader, the power cord issue and the popping noise when you turn on the filter :blank:
despite the problems, it sounds nice. the EQs are awesome and the filter is great. for what i need from the mixer, it has worked for the last year and a half.

i'll upgrade within the next 6 months or so.

Jalapeno
10-12-2012, 11:21 AM
My crossfader doesnt work. Watch out, itll get so bad sound wont even come out of the mixer.

DJ Nutty
10-14-2012, 05:58 PM
No problems with mine. Works like new.

Ocie
10-14-2012, 06:38 PM
lucky.

Synergy
10-15-2012, 07:40 AM
same with me nutty. like the day i bought it. excellent.

bobbyd
10-30-2012, 07:34 PM
So, to be fair, I bought a xone 22 used - it had come back from a warrantee service according to the seller.

When I engaged the filter button on channel 2, it was changing the signal into mono. When I pulled the thing open, I found that some one had missed a few solder points on the channel fader. Just to confirm my suspicions, I swapped the faders and now had issues with channel 1 - and not with channel 2.

It is pretty asinine that they a mixer that is less than 1 year old would have been sent back and then had more issues - that are clearly related to bad assembly and have nothing to do with use or abuse. I know it is only a $300 mixer, but buying an Allen & Heath and getting issues like that is pretty ridiculous.

Guess I got to eat my words defending this mixer. Since I bought it used, the warrantee is no longer valid - so I going to have to take it to some one who can do some soldering for me.

bobbyd
11-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Got my mixer working just fine now - just had to take the fader out and and had my friend solder 3 points that were completely lose. But a really lame situation overall.

Windows 95
11-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Guess I got to eat my words defending this mixer. Since I bought it used, the warrantee is no longer valid - so I going to have to take it to some one who can do some soldering for me.Dude go to Walmart, Radio Shack or wherever, buy a soldering iron & soldering kit. Watch some YouTube videos & learn how to solder.

You can go to a junk store & buy some cheap electronic device to practice un-soldering pieces & soldering pieces back on with.

Soldering is way too easy of a thing to learn, to not be doing yourself.

punky
11-09-2012, 01:47 PM
If you end up deciding to roll with an Innofader, we can help you with the install. Just let me know via private message.

djkvg
11-18-2012, 04:32 PM
i have the xone 2:02. the battle mixer and i love that thing. the fader is light as hell and its been really reliable. A lot of head room, the knobs are high quality. The only thing i have against it is the fader EQs which bug me a bit (prefer knobs)

I love my xone 2:02 and i belive that A&H are high quality mixers. Just the xone 22 has bleeding issues.. Not meant someone who scratches/wants to learn to scratch