PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding NI Audio 2 DJ sound card.

arpeggiosonfire
09-24-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm a noob DJ and am looking to buy a sound card. I looked at NI audio 2 DJ sound card and it looked good and within my price range. Does this sound card allow you to listen to both channel at once? Also can I use this for just listening to music with a software like Winamp and it provides both channel at the same time and not just play the music in one ear?
Thanks

Dix
09-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Does this sound card allow you to listen to both channel at once?
Yes... kinda sorta. (See explanation below.)

Also can I use this for just listening to music with a software like Winamp and it provides both channel at the same time and not just play the music in one ear?
That is correct... kinda sorta.
The Audio 2 is stereo, so each of the outputs are in stereo. With one 1/4" jack in one output, you can hear the sound in both ears. (See explanation below)

In order for you to listen to sound from both out puts, you have to have software that will do that. I am not sure if Winamp will do that or not. With professional DJ software, there are options in the software settings that allow you to hear a different song in each output.
For example, I use the Audio 2. I use one (ch A) for my main output to the speakers. I use the other output (ch B) for my head phones. So, I can play one song through channel A & listen to a different song in Channel B (cue) at the same time. Again, however, I have software that allows those settings.

Hope this helps :)

mufutau55
09-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Ditto the explanation above..
Also if you buy the latest NI Audio2DJ soundcard (about $100), it comes with a copy of Traktor Pro software you can use instead of WinAp.

Mufutau