PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to drop a pioneer cdj jog wheel on to gemini's cdj 700??

Jump Junkie
09-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Don't shoot me for asking this but has anybody tried dropping a Pioneer Jog Wheel in a CDJ 700 yet? I only ask as i took a punt on Gemini's CDJ 700 as a back up deck... And i am actually impressed, the thing is built like a TANK ( A plastic Tank but still ) all functions work as they should, buttons are solid, Hot Cues are on point and tapping out a manual loop is actually on par with Pioneer, the screen rez is close to an iPhones and gives all info needed and more including a waveform that in my eyes is second only to Pio's and it can be zoomed in and out of, its more like the VDJ scrolling Waveform and not a fully formed Pio CDJ 2000 Form but i think it will have that option in a future firmware Update....

THE ONLY THING wrong with CDJ 700 that i can find is the metal jog wheel it has been given!! There is no other word for it other than BLOODY HORRIBLE, its the worst jog wheel i have ever used and i`v used every sort and make of cdj you will come across, its delayed on touch, its virtually impossible to scratch on and because of the delayed reaction when slip mode mode is being used its slightly off beat... which defeats the slip modes purpose in the first place.

NOW I know that in its prototype stage it did have a pioneer esk Jog Wheel that would have taken this deck to where it should have been but before release had to retract it.. What i can gather is that Pioneer had a cry and threatened to sue Gemini and so left us with a terrible platter.. Thanks Pioneer What Was You So Afraid Of ......

WHICH BRINGS ME TO THE QUESTION ... IS IT POSSIBLE TO DROP A PIONEER CDJ JOG WHEEL INTO A GEMINI CDJ 700??

WOULD LOVE ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO DO IT OR EVEN IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO BUY THE ORIGINAL JOG WHEEL DIRECT FROM GEMINI THEMSELVES.

OH AND DID I TELL YOU IT HAS A BPM LOCK.... NOT QUITE THE DREADED SYNC BUT IF YOU HAD FOUR OF THESE ALL LOCKED TO THE SAME BPM YOU COULD GET INTO SOME PRETTY INTERESTING MIXING WITHOUT THE NEED FOR TRAKTOR OR A COMPUTER ALL TOGETHER!!

I REALLY DO THINK THAT WITH THE CORRECT PLATTER AND FIRMWARE UPDATES THAT THIS DECK COULD BE A REAL GAME CHANGER IN THE AFFORDABLE PRO CDJ MARKET.

WELL DONE GEMINI, IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE TRYING TO GET THERE ACT BACK TOGETHER AND I FOR ONE AM EXITED BY THAT BECAUSE UNTIL SOMEONE BRINGS OUT A DECK TO RIVAL THE PIONEER CDJ's THERE ALREADY ASTRONOMICAL PRICES WILL KEEP GOING UP AND UP WITH EVERY NEW MODEL........

drzinc
09-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Buy one of these instead....

http://usa.d-mpro.com/us/denondj/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=MediaPlayers&SubCatId=0&ProductId=SC2900

Jump Junkie
09-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Buy one of these instead....

http://usa.d-mpro.com/us/denondj/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=MediaPlayers&SubCatId=0&ProductId=SC2900

I may just do that but as i have a CDJ 700 already i would love to modify the petiful jog wheel it has because that is the only feature that is wrong with it as i stated in my thread, it could have been a game changer in the affordable Pro CDJ Market... but i'm sure Pioneer new that when they threatened the sue them.. i dont think that they have gone after Denon for the same reason though!! Funny That.....

Thanks for your input on the matter though its greatly appreciated, if you know of anyone who might know more and be able to advise me on how to proceed please send them to this thread, im new to this Forum so still finding my feet so to speak!!

Thanks again.