PDA

View Full Version : Saving Loops in Serato

electricsmooth
02-13-2012, 08:33 PM
So, after my traktor mixer crapped out on me (during a gig nonetheless) I put all my hard earned money into a rane 68. I know I know, I don't own a club and I'm not cool enough for it but I got it anyways. haha.

So after a few months of ignoring the DJ stuff (eurotrip, baby), I am finally putting in some work into learning Serato. Midi mapping is definitely not as comprehensive as Traktor but u get the essential functions out of it.

Anyways, my question is regarding saving loops. I've read through the manual and you can save loops (there is even a save button on the mixer itself) but my question is, how do i trigger them? Where do they go when they are saved? When I play the track again, I can see the loops that I had made in the track. They are inactive/faded. How would I activate these saved loops? Is there a way of midi-mapping triggers for the saved loops?

Thanks

JuxtaPoser
02-13-2012, 09:02 PM
I don't know about the functionality for the 68 with regards to triggering loops, but to save one in Serato (as I gather you know how to do) you simply make a loop where you want it and hit the 'Save' button which looks like a little floppy disk.

To activate the loop look at where it says "A" or "1" (depending if you have a loop activated or not) with a little arrow either side of it. Use the arrows to scroll through the saved loops on the track (you can see where abouts they are by looking at the green area - bright for active loops, faint for unactivated loops) and hit the "LOOP" button. Simple as that.

There are keyboard shortcuts to navigate, activate and jump to these saved loops so I figure there are almost certainly 68 functions to support that. Reading the manual should clear that up for you pretty quickly :)

electricsmooth
02-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Yup, that worked. Thank you kind sir. "Waiter! One rep on the rocks for the gentleman please."