PDA

View Full Version : infinium crossfader leaking ARRRGH.

mr magical
09-19-2012, 04:59 AM
i've got a rodec scratchbox and the crossfade is leaking, it needs cleaning everyday, sometimes twice a day, its pissing me off. the mixer is about 3 years old so i've just ordered a new crossfader, isn't there any way someone, maybe a technical guy can make an adapter to fit a rane ttm56 corssfade or maybe an ecler eternal one because i'm sick of having to clean the infinium with cotton buds all the time. if it starts leaking at a party which i'm doing soon it could cost me my reputation.

Will MaXimal
09-19-2012, 12:03 PM
http://innofader.com/

http://innofader.com/mixers.php?id=38

mr magical
09-19-2012, 02:49 PM
is that a better crossfader than the standard infinium one in the scratchbox? i did manage to get it working earlier and now again it's leaking and also it's curve is all messed up, when you wiggle the stem it crackles and it sounds sometimes louder in the middle and then move it to fade a track out and the track gets a bit louder, but then move it back and it fades the track out. i think the fader is fucked.

mr magical
09-19-2012, 02:54 PM
by the way, i've been reading on the site, god its a lot of hassle isn't it fitting the innofader what with the heat shrink tubing bollocks lol

syks
09-19-2012, 04:09 PM
innofader is a piece of piss to install,i found it all very easy,just use insulating tape instead of the shrink tubing...imo the innofader is better than the rane ttm56 fader,its smooth as butter and quick..you can fully customise the cut and curve to your liking,i thought my old rane was good but my old beat up stanton feels even better..i would recomend one to anyone,prob the best bit of dj kit ive ever bought.

Peace

mr magical
09-20-2012, 02:31 AM
you have to do connect that little circuit board to it as well and the innofader is absolutely massive, plus do the screw hols line up with the top faceplate properly?

DJNR
09-20-2012, 03:03 AM
you have to do connect that little circuit board to it as well and the innofader is absolutely massive, plus do the screw hols line up with the top faceplate properly?

1. The board is dependent on the mixer.
2. They include multiple faceplates to fit different mixers.
3. They have instructions for installations for individual mixers.

syks
09-20-2012, 03:06 AM

You only use the test board to test the connection,if light goes green everything is gravy,i didnt need to even use the adapter board in my stanton,was just plug and play :D the screw holes matched up perfect for me and i cant praise this fader enough..im in love with it :love::D

mr magical
09-20-2012, 03:29 AM
You only use the test board to test the connection,if light goes green everything is gravy,i didnt need to even use the adapter board in my stanton,was just plug and play :D the screw holes matched up perfect for me and i cant praise this fader enough..im in love with it :love::D

the only fitting instructions are pictures on the sites with regards to the audio inovate dj mixer, i might e-mail them and tell them i need full instructions because it looks daunting and i just wanna wack it in the mixer rather than messing about adadptor boards and testing it and setting up curves and all that bollocks.

mr magical
09-20-2012, 03:56 AM
I've asked the electric breaks guys and they said the pro-xfade is compatible with my scratchbox and so it's probably a hell of a lot easier than fitting the innofader.

syks
09-20-2012, 05:02 AM
I've asked the electric breaks guys and they said the pro-xfade is compatible with my scratchbox and so it's probably a hell of a lot easier than fitting the innofader.

Its not hard mate,im usless..just ask my wife lol and i fitted it EASY as,i was stuck between the pro x fade and innofader but went with the inno..pro x fade is good but needs more cleaning or you will get bleed/crackle after some use.

The innofader is the dogs bollox and isnt complicated at all,best fader on market imo.

Peace

syks
09-20-2012, 05:26 AM
if you do decide to go with the pro x fade though take a look at this site http://www.westenddj.co.uk/Product/EclecticBreaks/DJ_Equipment/PROXFADE/GoogleBase/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products&utm_campaign=PROXFADE a bit cheeper than the innofader.

both are great faders but the innofader won for me after all the resurch i did on them both...im sure you will be more than happy with whatever you end up going with :)

Peace

JonAvalon
09-20-2012, 11:06 AM
It shouldn't be hard to install at all, almost plug and play for the most part other than insulating the wires etc.

Go with the Innofader not the ProXfade, the PXF was good but its old news now. Plus the support you will get from the Audio Innovate team is hands down best. Elliot Marx the founder is on here, as well as Punky who is one of their reps. They can help you.

mr magical
09-20-2012, 11:44 AM
the innofader though is £140, it's a massive amount for a crossfader, the pro x fade is cheaper.

syks
09-20-2012, 12:18 PM
picked mine up for £110 online new,was the classic version though not the pnp but have seen the pnp online for £129 so can get it for alot less than £140...its worth the cash too as it will last years and can be transfered from mixer to mixer plus needs very little if any cleaning.

mr magical
09-20-2012, 03:49 PM
a lot less? £129 is only £11 less than £140. i just think its way too much money.

DJNR
09-20-2012, 03:59 PM
a lot less? £129 is only £11 less than £140. i just think its way too much money.

Then don't buy it. :shrug:

syks
09-20-2012, 04:00 PM
its up to you bro,the pro x fade is the best part of £100 so the innofader aint that much more and you get the best fader on the market,suppose it depends what you want etc but the innofader will last years.

only you can make the choice mate if you think its worth it or not,we can only give our oppinion on what we think :)

Peace

mr magical
09-21-2012, 11:20 AM
its up to you bro,the pro x fade is the best part of £100 so the innofader aint that much more and you get the best fader on the market,suppose it depends what you want etc but the innofader will last years.

only you can make the choice mate if you think its worth it or not,we can only give our oppinion on what we think :)

Peace

the pro x-fade can be found for £80 which is better price than £130. but i'll see how the new replacement crossfader for my scracthbox goes first.

Will MaXimal
09-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Go for the innofader man... I know the creator personally and i will be meeting with him next year and putting together his promotional stuff for 2013.

The innofaders are built far better than the pro x-fade and they will give you way more freedom. You might pay a bit more depending on the mixer but its well worth the investment as you will be able to continue to customize it.

They are easy to install, it might look intimi****** but its really not.

emarx
09-22-2012, 03:56 AM
Hello Mr. Magical,

I'm here to help if you need me for anything.

Elliot

mr magical
09-22-2012, 05:41 AM
i'll see if i can afford an innofader next month, i'm not into all that customisation bollocks though, a decent cut in time of 1mm at the sharpest and nice loose fader and thats me happy, the best crossfader i ever was was in the rane ttm56, i wish i could get or make an adapter to put a rane fader in my scratchbox cos i had my ttm56 for 4 years and never cleaned it, not even once and in that time it never crackled once and i had absolutely no problems with it what so ever and in that 4 years i was using it scratching and mixing for at least 5 hours a day, most times 6 or 7 hours a day. but anyway, i'll see about the innofader.

mr magical
09-22-2012, 05:52 AM
arrgh, i've looked on the innofader site and it says for the rodec scratchbox you have to insulate everything, including the fader body, so it means i'd have to wrape the wire, circuit board and event the fader body in insulating tape, that means i wouldn't be able to see the pictures of the fader curves that are on the body.

emarx
09-22-2012, 06:33 AM
If you purchase the PNP for the Rodec, there are no adapter boards requiring insulation so the installation should be very easy. If you get the Innofader Pro, you do have to insulate the boards, but you do not need to wrap the Innofader main piece in tape.

I would recommend in your case you just purchase the PNP model because the installation is much simpler than the Pro, and the PNP does work in the Rodec.

syks
09-22-2012, 06:44 AM
i'll see if i can afford an innofader next month, i'm not into all that customisation bollocks though, a decent cut in time of 1mm at the sharpest and nice loose fader and thats me happy, the best crossfader i ever was was in the rane ttm56, i wish i could get or make an adapter to put a rane fader in my scratchbox cos i had my ttm56 for 4 years and never cleaned it, not even once and in that time it never crackled once and i had absolutely no problems with it what so ever and in that 4 years i was using it scratching and mixing for at least 5 hours a day, most times 6 or 7 hours a day. but anyway, i'll see about the innofader.

Bro...the innofader is BETTER than the rane,ive owned a ttm56 and dont get me wrong i LOVED it and the fader was straight butter,best fader i have used untill i got the innofader...its like as smooth (if not smoother) than the rane but i find it alot quicker if that makes scence.

Also if you dont want to adjust it DONT..alot of people are happy with it as it comes,i personaly enjoyed getting the curve etc to just how I want it,BEST fader on the market with GREAT support.

mr magical
09-22-2012, 09:47 AM
If you purchase the PNP for the Rodec, there are no adapter boards requiring insulation so the installation should be very easy. If you get the Innofader Pro, you do have to insulate the boards, but you do not need to wrap the Innofader main piece in tape.

I would recommend in your case you just purchase the PNP model because the installation is much simpler than the Pro, and the PNP does work in the Rodec.

it says on the site that the pnp is the reccomended one and that everything needs insulating.

http://www.innofader.com/compatible.php

Marc S
09-22-2012, 01:38 PM
he owns the company, i;m pretty sure he knows what he's talking about.

emarx
09-23-2012, 12:06 AM
it says on the site that the pnp is the reccomended one and that everything needs insulating.

http://www.innofader.com/compatible.php

Just so you don't get confused, yes the Rodec has a note 5 which is:
"5:Fader body and adapter must be fully isolated from internal circuits with insulating screws, insulating tape, and insulating washers"

Sorry this is my typo, insulating tape is not needed. The Innofader PNP and Pro now have a protective card already taped to the back side so this isn't needed.

mr magical
09-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Just so you don't get confused, yes the Rodec has a note 5 which is:
"5:Fader body and adapter must be fully isolated from internal circuits with insulating screws, insulating tape, and insulating washers"

Sorry this is my typo, insulating tape is not needed. The Innofader PNP and Pro now have a protective card already taped to the back side so this isn't needed.

well i'll see hoe the replacment infinium crossfade works first, if it fails then i'll get an innofader.

Will MaXimal
09-24-2012, 11:58 AM
well i'll see hoe the replacment infinium crossfade works first, if it fails then i'll get an innofader.

Should have went with the innofader my friend, it would have been the last crossfader purchase would have ever needed to make :tup:

DJNR
09-24-2012, 12:21 PM
Should have went with the innofader my friend, it would have been the last crossfader purchase would have ever needed to make :tup:

+1 to this. I have yet to find a crossfader that competes with the Innofader.

mr magical
09-24-2012, 02:31 PM
i didnt know about the innofader before i purchased the new replacement infinium. the infinium hasn't arrived yet so i'm using an old alpha crossfade i still have from when i had an allen and heath xone 02. allen and heath sent me a brand new off the shelf alpha and also a penny and giles free of charge because the original crossfader in my xone 02 leaked. i then later sold my xone o2 only having used the alpha for about 5 minutes in the xone 02 mixer. i kept both the penny and giles and alpha faders and sold the xone 02 with the original crossfader in it.. i have both here with me and both have only been used for less than 5 minutes each so they're basically brand new. so all in all, i've got a penny and giles, an allen and heath alpha and on its way a replacement infinium. so if one starts leaking, i'll still have two more to use so i think i'll be ok for quite a while with regards to a crossfader ofor my scratchbox, and in that respect, i dont need an innofader yet.