PDA

View Full Version : flyer help

Icefrogg
09-18-2012, 12:57 PM
So most of my flyers I create are looking bland and the same...I'm not having to good of coming up with original ideas.
I wanted to see if anyone wants to throw together something simple...
pretty much this new spot I'm djing at used to be a rock live music place and now is having a dance top 40 dj atmosphere instead (being me)

here are the details

Sinix is the name of the venue
address is 525 eastern blvd, essex md 21221

Music starts at 9
no cover charge
$1 bottles and rails from 7-10
$2.50 bottles after 10pm

DJ Sean playing the hottest top 40 and dance music (something along those lines)
and I had named it friday night dance party...which I think is kind of a lame name...any suggestions.

I think my creativity is drained :(

Mahatma Coat
09-18-2012, 01:05 PM
pretty much this new spot I'm djing at used to be a rock live music place and now is having a dance top 40 dj atmosphere instead (being me)

How long has the venue changed its policy from live rock to top 40 dance? I hope its been a while or you're going to face a rough crowd for the next few weeks at least, and I mean rough as in you need to wear a helmet to stop the bottles hitting your cranium.

Seriously though, maybe you could call your night 'Hang the DJ' for a laugh? You could use some quite exciting imagery with that kind of title. It was also the line from a Smiths tune, so those in the know would appreciate your music tastes go beyond Top 40; its also a nod to the past history of the venue, which could be kind of cool if done right.

You definitely need to highlight the no cover charge and cheap drinks. I'd visit anywhere with those alcohol prices regardless of the music: These are tough times my friend, tough times indeed.

Icefrogg
09-18-2012, 01:38 PM
How long has the venue changed its policy from live rock to top 40 dance? I hope its been a while or you're going to face a rough crowd for the next few weeks at least, and I mean rough as in you need to wear a helmet to stop the bottles hitting your cranium.

Seriously though, maybe you could call your night 'Hang the DJ' for a laugh? You could use some quite exciting imagery with that kind of title. It was also the line from a Smiths tune, so those in the know would appreciate your music tastes go beyond Top 40; its also a nod to the past history of the venue, which could be kind of cool if done right.

You definitely need to highlight the no cover charge and cheap drinks. I'd visit anywhere with those alcohol prices regardless of the music: These are tough times my friend, tough times indeed.

well they just started a few weeks ago on thursdays a dj doing top 40...and I hear like people stay and drink but the regulars aren't really a dancing kind of crowd...so I would hope to try and promote some of my people to come and word of mouth to keep regulars but bring in a more dance crowd.

Alert
09-20-2012, 09:34 PM
How much is your budget for the design?

:tup: