PDA

View Full Version : Site critique if you could

ParisCreative
09-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Now that my logo now has been tweaked and now that I have committed to using the name Paris Creative, my next step is here, redoing the website.

Previous to this version the site just showcased my mixtapes. I've since transformed it as a Mobile DJ website, still keeping the mixtapes as a selling point to the business. Yes, it's a WordPress template that I have done some modifications to, and overall I am satisfied.

Hopefully after getting a couple gigs and getting some high quality shots from there I can replace the stock photos, but for now they seem to work.

I would love to hear feedback on the site.

http://pariscreative.com/

Marc S
09-15-2012, 03:41 PM
i like it, has nothing i'd change personally, i like the design and layout. very professional

Sean
09-15-2012, 05:54 PM
I'd chip in to say that I think it looks great also. very professional. The only thing I'm going to be a little anal about is that on your contact us page you can "comment" at the bottom of the page... not sure why anybody would want to leave a comment on a contact us page?

ParisCreative
09-15-2012, 08:57 PM
...your contact us page you can "comment" at the bottom of the page... not sure why anybody would want to leave a comment on a contact us page?

Yeah, something is a bit odd with WordPress where even disabling comments it still allowing it to show up. Looking into if there is something up with the template that is overriding that setting.

DYM
09-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Only thing that got my attention right away.. (literally stayed on for 10 seconds then clicked away) is that your logo is orange and the background ir red.. that bothers me personally.

ParisCreative
09-15-2012, 10:22 PM
An exercise in contrast. Didn't want too much orange, but wanted a similar tone to it to make it "belong".

DYM
09-16-2012, 10:01 AM
red and orange dont go so great together in my book.. maybe like a slivery white.

Marc S
09-16-2012, 10:43 AM
i dunno, i think they do quite well, fire/hot colours work well, especially when separated like they are, they dont clash at least.

Interracial Tea
09-16-2012, 12:18 PM
kinda redundant to have the facebook, twitter, g+, etc. links on top and then put another ad for your facebook on the bottom. other than that it's pretty good. the orange/red thing isn't an issue for me.

ParisCreative
09-17-2012, 11:07 AM
I put the facebook like area to expand some of the areas shorter on content. Otherwise the white area shrunk considerably and made it a little odd looking.

Alert
09-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Looks great.

Simple layout works very well, IMO.

:tup:

sss18734
09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Not a bad start. Change your personal photo though :P

ParisCreative
09-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah that is already in the radar. I had to have a pic in there since it's required for the front page, and that was the best one I had.