PDA

View Full Version : Dose anyone actually go through the "House releases" sub-forum?

NPC
09-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Does anyone find the forum helpful in finding releases or is it basically a giant spam pit?

I've actually found it useful on a single occasion, but other than that I'm thinking we should do away with it.

Thoughts?

Boomcie
09-15-2012, 04:05 AM
It's just spam, but I think that I've seen guys like Kon and Eturnal post in there a few times.....which reminds me I need to pick up their tracks when I get some extra cash.

You bastards need to do some vinyl releases :argh::argh:

Also if you got rid of it the main page would just be flooded with crap....remember how it was on DJF 1.0?

drumpusher
09-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Keep it for the spam.

ben mills
09-18-2012, 11:57 AM
I didn't even know it existed.

Kind of like the House forum...it is barely a blip on my radar.

JeffJensen
09-18-2012, 07:44 PM
I think I might keep an eye on the thread now...Might find some gems in there. :tup:

NPC
09-19-2012, 04:55 PM
I feel like over time we could handle the spam without that forum. The spam controls are pretty good. I occasionally have to move things there anyway, but I am pretty lazy... I guess we could keep it for now. The comments and poll are conflicting though.

Andrew B
09-19-2012, 05:08 PM
It's there so companies would stop spamming releases in the genre forums.

NPC
09-21-2012, 03:20 AM
It's there so companies would stop spamming releases in the genre forums.

Right, but why bother storing it? It would be nice if we could impose an expiration on posts in there. Or maybe a limit so the old ones get deleted automatically as new ones roll in.