PDA

View Full Version : Mixdeck express headphone clicking noise

ayushb3
09-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Hey guys,

So I just purchased the numark mixdeck express and I keep hearing a clicking sound in the mixdeck that corresponds with the lights behind the play/pause button

Say i have a song on pause on one of the decks and no music playing on cue I can hear something like click...click..click..click and the lights on the paused decks are blinking right along with the sound.....now if I play the song on the deck but still dont have anything coming through my headphones i hear a continuous clickclickclick kinda sounds like its corresponding with the songs run rate.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same issue or what yall think I should do regarding this issue...Thanks!

David Bowman
09-15-2012, 03:47 AM
noise interference from the leds and what you describe as

clickclickclick kinda sounds like its corresponding with the songs run rate

sounds like the cd drive. Numark uses cheap internals, smells like the analogue part (mixer itself or maybe the cd output) picks it up. I would bring it back to the shop.

Any clicking when you use thumb drives or traktor?

ayushb3
09-15-2012, 08:56 PM
its not when im using the cd's but only when im using a software through the midi mode. talk to the guy and GC he told me to just bring it back in and get another one. I heard the clicks through my qsc's today when it was on silent, so definitely taking it back ASAP!