PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer CDJ 350's

Piece
09-14-2012, 12:59 PM
I have ordered the pioneer CDJ 350's which also come with the DJM 350 mixer!
I've heard mainly good things about the decks and the mixer so far but would like to know people's opinions/experiences with them!

Things like... What is the software like you get with them? Rekord box or something!?
Does that mean you can record mixes onto your computer? Are they as good as they sound (for someone who isn't exactly an experienced expert like myself)
And if anyone knows how decent the mixer is like effects etc...?

I really want to record mixes though that's the main aim but I'm sure the 350's are also going to help me become much better as I am using numark basic decks at the moment!

Any replies are greatly appreciated they are due here monday/tuesday! This weekend is going to go very slow!

Cheers folks :)

Andrew B
09-14-2012, 01:15 PM
With the DJM-350, you can record mixes directly to a USB stick. Other than that, you can record mixes to a computer with any mixer.

Era 7
09-14-2012, 01:16 PM
i personally don't like the small platter but that's just me. haven't heard anything particularly bad about them so you should be good. the mixer has no balanced outs (XLR or TRS) but for bedroom DJing that's not an issue.

Complex.ity
09-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Oh.. 350's do use Rekordbox. Did not know that. What Rekordbox does is basically for preparing your tracks to be mixed such as storing hot cues and cue points. I haven't used it personally but it's just for prepping and I'm sure there's a bpm counter as well. I'm sure they're good decks too! You got Pioneer based on rep and that is absolutely true. They are pretty much made to last. The lay out on the mixer looks quite nice and basic although I heard quite a bit of bad reviews from the previous model, DJM400, but they probably improved on it I can imagine. Just like overall sound quality and stuff like that. As far as effects, they shouldn't be that bad. Just use them subtly anyways, you'll mess up the track! :D
Okay and for your main aim, I actually looked up the DJM350 and thought this was pretty neat!

Record directly to USB
Does your mix deserve to live on? With the USB port featured on the DJM-350, you can record directly to a USB storage device without having to use a computer or recording device. Music is stored as high quality WAV files and you can add track marks as you play directly on the mixer. When you're done, you can easily import and edit your mix in your computer afterwards.

So there you have it! I'm sure you can just plug your computer in to the usb port as well and record from there. Congratulations on the purchase by the way! Hope you enjoy when you get them! Let me know what you think of them. :tup:

Piece
09-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Thanks very much for the replies folks :D

Questions answered and more! Cannot wait to get started and that is ideal that you can record straight onto a usb stick and slam it on the computer! Exactly what I'm needing to try!

Only problem is just now is that I don't have a USB stick haha! But they don't come until monday/tuesday so have until then to get one. Where would be the best place to get one?

DJNR
09-14-2012, 05:29 PM
With the DJM-350, you can record mixes directly to a USB stick. Other than that, you can record mixes to a computer with any mixer.

You would think the DJM 900 could do this.

DJ Nutty
09-15-2012, 05:48 PM
The 350s are great. Forget about using cds. Get some usb sticks And export playlists from Rekordbox to the usbs to plug in. Only gripe is the 350s dont support any saved cue points.

djmickyk
09-15-2012, 06:05 PM
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9093269/Trail/searchtext%3EUSB+DRIVE.htm i use these and they work great.wont break the bank either or the 8gb version which cost £7.99 each.. :)

Piece
09-16-2012, 04:05 AM
Much appreciated folks :)

DJ Nutty
09-16-2012, 05:34 PM
I'd get fast USB 3.0 sticks, cos exporting all those lovely WAV tracks from Rekordbox can be slow sometimes.

DJNR
09-16-2012, 05:38 PM
I'd get fast USB 3.0 sticks, cos exporting all those lovely WAV tracks from Rekordbox can be slow sometimes.

Assuming the computer has USB 3.0 to write that speed.

DJ Nutty
09-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Most USB 3.0 sticks I've seen dont even have write speeds that come anywhere near close to the USB 2.0 spec speed anyway. But they have better write speeds than most USB 2.0 sticks, just because they have better chips in.

Piece
09-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Arrived this morning! Have played a couple hours! Absolutely unreal! What a difference from basic numarks! Sound is so much better! Glad I got them can't wait to get recording!

DJ Nutty
09-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Congrats, they are fine solid decks. I love mine. Post pics! :)

Piece
09-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Going to have to put them up tomorrow but pics are definitely on the way :)

Adzm00
09-20-2012, 05:55 AM
You would think the DJM 900 could do this.

That is pretty F'ing stupid that you can't. Just checked if my 850 can.... nope. Hmm.

Piece
09-22-2012, 03:48 AM

Can't think of anything else other than.... beautiful! :lol:

DJNR
09-22-2012, 11:04 AM
That is pretty F'ing stupid that you can't. Just checked if my 850 can.... nope. Hmm.

You're the first person I have seen that has an 850. How do you like it?

Can't think of anything else other than.... beautiful! :lol:

Congratulations! Looks good. :tup:

freshuk
06-11-2015, 08:48 AM
Problem with the DJM350 is the recordings sound shit after you transfer them onto phone or music player. Tried all ways to sort mine, Audacity etc, doesn't help, has low volume and sounds tinny, load of crap.