PDA

View Full Version : NS6 or DX? software or hardware problem?

dirtydutch
02-13-2012, 02:13 PM
recently bought a xone DX (less than a month ago) and am already noticing a lot of problems
- sync function is bad
- auto loop doesnt work 100% of the time
- sometimes when i audition pressing play while holding cue, the track just stops all together, making me have to wait for the next drop
- beat grid is almost always off
- headphone volume is VERY low, i put it on full blast and its as loud as 15% of my headphone cue on my old hercules rmx

SO.. thinking about swapping it out for a numark NS6.

i play mostly dirty dutch house (big surprise), big room, club, and progressive (and sometimes have to throw in hip hop or something for those mobile gigs). so 95% EDM, which is why i initially chose the DX. That and i found one for <$500

i found a numark ns6 for $699 which is very tempting.

Is what I am experiencing a hardware problem or a software problem? should I just get a new DX or a entirely different controller?

I am choosing the NS6 because i am coming from ITCH (NS7)
- I still have the NS7 so I am looking for a 4-channel alternative
- I was also looking at the S4 but I am not so sure about traktor..

thoughts?

thanks!

Gjhowe1
02-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Bad luck man,

I had a Xone DX for about 8 months and never had an issue with it. It could very well be an ITCH problem or hardware its hard to tell sometimes. My friend is having similar problems with a DX and ITCH lagging and dropping out, however the controller works fine when i connect it to my computer.

Some things i have noticed though is the RMX cue volume is REALLY high compared to both the DX and my current Denon mixer.
The beat grid, sync and dropping out sounds like an ITCH problem to me though.

What kind of computer do you use? Specs? Any other MIDI devices connected? USB devices?

I would recommend doing a complete re-install of ITCH first to see if that solves your problem (delete all the backup files too, everything but your music), make sure the DX firmware is up to date too. If that doesn't work then it's most likely your controller.

dirtydutch
02-15-2012, 02:06 PM
currently running a 13" MBP w/ Lion
acquired few months ago

using itch 2.1, not sure if firmware is updated, so i'll have to try that
no other midi being used. only mbp and controller

Gjhowe1
02-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Yea try the firmware, see if that helps. If not then try re-installing itch (google how to remove all the preference files, as mac likes to back up everything).

fat8ack
02-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Go with the NS6 bro, it is so beast you will love it. So many great features as well as XLR outs. You can run TTs/CDJ's with it too with 4 line and 2 phono outs. You are already fimiliar with Itch and this ting is really a great itch controller, much bigger than the DX, so the buttons and knobs are pretty spread out. Sync works great (taboo) haha.

Defiance
02-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Got my NS6, Monday. Haven't had a lot of time on yet but I am in love with it so far. If it stands the test of time, then it will certainly be a great purchase.

Is the one you say for 699 is that new/used/refurbed?

dirtydutch
02-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Got my NS6, Monday. Haven't had a lot of time on yet but I am in love with it so far. If it stands the test of time, then it will certainly be a great purchase.

Is the one you say for 699 is that new/used/refurbed?

New i believe xD

What did u guys use before ns6? Like it so far? What dont u like?

electricsmooth
02-24-2012, 12:04 AM
I just pulled the trigger about 5 minutes ago on a NS6. Ever since I got rid of my NS7 over a year ago, I've been missing the simplicity of it (software/hardware compatibility, all buttons work/light up like they are supposed to, etc.).

Can't wait for the NS6 to ship