PDA

View Full Version : Why no one use internal soundcard on DJM-900? (Atrak, Craze etc)

Jimi Smyth
09-14-2012, 03:03 AM
Im yet to see any legitimate dj use the onboard soundcard on the djm900 for traktor dvs. Through-out the festival season I didn't see a single dj using it.

Does anyone know the reason for this?

http://i.imgur.com/3YFOz.png

DJNR
09-14-2012, 03:16 AM
I'm just guessing but maybe:
- Possible higher latency? I can check if you're really curious. I have an Audio 8 and a DJM 900.
- It's not really possible to switch from one DJ to another without dead air because you have to unplug and re-plug so having another sound card is ideal.
- That video is likely designed to endorse Native Instruments products so they probably wanted to fit in as much as possible.
- Stability? Although I have never had Traktor crash on me using the 900, maybe these guys have?

Jimi Smyth
09-14-2012, 03:26 AM
I'm just guessing but maybe:
- Possible higher latency? I can check if you're really curious. I have an Audio 8 and a DJM 900.
- It's not really possible to switch from one DJ to another without dead air because you have to unplug and re-plug so having another sound card is ideal.
- That video is likely designed to endorse Native Instruments products so they probably wanted to fit in as much as possible.
- Stability? Although I have never had Traktor crash on me using the 900, maybe these guys have?

All good points. The dj switch over is a good idea, makes it a lot easier if youve got both. Also I don't like the placement of the usb on the mixer. wish they would have put the port on the back panel. Luckily these exist.
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h405/deflekt/SAM_0619.jpg

DJNR
09-14-2012, 03:28 AM
With all the cables running in the back of the mixer to begin with, I think placing the port on the top was a good idea. I use a normal USB cable (non-elbow) and it doesn't bother me at all. I don't mess with the parameters up there usually.

Jimi Smyth
09-14-2012, 03:35 AM
Forsure. I worry that it could get bumped by accident tho as I'm all over the decks and mixer.

Also I like things flush... Looks prettier.