PDA

View Full Version : Fake Beats By Dre

DJ BONES
09-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Bought a pair a while ago for when Im djing for the younger, more superficial crowds just for appeal.. I usually use HD-280s.. (I refuse to pay 400 for some sub parr headphones) Long story short the only thing more embarrassing than having a pair of ugly, but good quality phones is having a pair of nice looking fake ones that stop working after a few months and literally fall apart on your head :lol:

DJNR
09-12-2012, 11:17 AM
The build quality on the REAL ones are bad enough...

Era 7
09-12-2012, 11:25 AM
The build quality on the REAL ones are bad enough...

+1

hard plastic on 300$ headphones? :hahano: buy cheap, buy twice. buy fashion statement, also buy twice and :diaf:

frandomeda
09-12-2012, 11:31 AM
You were better off taping a "B" Written on a paper over some other headphones

cyberphox
09-12-2012, 11:51 AM
my buddy has a pair of fake ones and they sound pretty good..saved over $200...lol

DJNR
09-12-2012, 11:59 AM
my buddy has a pair of fake ones and they sound pretty good..saved over $200...lol

How could they possibly sound good? The real ones sound muddy.

Era 7
09-12-2012, 12:06 PM
How could they possibly sound good? The real ones sound muddy.

oh man...i just checked the specs of the beats by dre. i was dumbfounded when i checked the frequency response section :lol:

seriously monster? 20-20000Hz? :lol::lol::lol:

ezelkow1
09-12-2012, 12:38 PM
oh man...i just checked the specs of the beats by dre. i was dumbfounded when i checked the frequency response section :lol:

seriously monster? 20-20000Hz? :lol::lol::lol:

thats a perfectly fine frequency response, the key is in the actual graph and what they do at specific frequencies as to why they suck balls

Era 7
09-12-2012, 12:44 PM
thats a perfectly fine frequency response, the key is in the actual graph and what they do at specific frequencies as to why they suck balls

they are marketed as studio headphones. so no. that's not perfectly fine. it's called "below average".

DJNR
09-12-2012, 12:54 PM
I think both of you are on the same track. Point is, they aren't very good.

DJ BONES
09-12-2012, 01:36 PM
He didnt save bro...Mine sounded goo too.... Build quality is terrible

TheRabbitMonk
09-12-2012, 01:42 PM
hdj's are 5 - 30,000 Hz can also get these fake apparently according to my mate google.

drzinc
09-12-2012, 01:51 PM
they are marketed as studio headphones. so no. that's not perfectly fine. it's called "below average".

Find me a adult human that can hear better than that spec.....

Phil Noize
09-12-2012, 01:54 PM
I tried a real pair of Beats Mixr (the DJing ones) in a London shop. They were terrible, wallowing in muddy bass to the detriment of all of the rest of the sound.

It's strange what people perceive as "sounding good", and whilst I can appreciate that a lot of people think that big bass is good, as DJs I think we want a bit more!

LALaw
09-12-2012, 04:41 PM
I still don't understand why OP had to buy some fake high end headphones for a superficial crowd to see what his fake gear was

dj daywalker
09-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Find me a adult human that can hear better than that spec.....

haha yeah seriously, let alone a DJ

LeFresh
09-12-2012, 05:09 PM
I still don't understand why OP had to buy some fake high end headphones for a superficial crowd to see what his fake gear was
Yeah I don't get that either...

DJ STU-C
09-12-2012, 05:21 PM
my mate has them sennheiser hd-25s and they are the best ive ever heard. i use sony 700s just cos the price has come down and im used to them

fuck beats by dr dre, they sell them in hmv for god sake, that can never be good, right next to the xbox stand (or targeting the xbox generation in other words)

B3NNY
09-12-2012, 05:48 PM

People are usually pretty much black and white on this discussion, but I'll try to shed a little light on things, even if it may fall on deaf ears (which is fine, cause I'm the same way when it comes to certain topics).

Anyways, as a beats Pro owner, for me it was kinda like the attention you get when you're driving a newer Mercedes.......Ok I might be losing your attention after that, but stick w/ me now.....I'm not talking about the status symbol thing either. Most people prob arent going to know or notice which model Pioneer headphones you got, wether it's the 500's, 1000's, 2000's etc , or they arent going to know the brand Sennheiser or Allen & Heath, but the Beats logo is very recognizable to a lot of people. Yes, sadly, since people know they are expensive, and see a lot of famous people (in the US at least) wear them, they think they are probably the best headphones money can buy.

So, if I'm at the club, and even if it's only one person that night that remembers me by something as stupid as what type of headphones I'm wearing, the next time they come to one of my nights they'll prob be thinking "Oh, thats DJ bla bla bla up there, I remember him from last time cause he's wearing those same headphones I noticed last time". Thats worth the investment for me right there, and all my gear is an investment, as I expect to make money back from it plus a lot more. Same rule applies for a sick paintjob on a custom pair of HD-25's or whatever, if you get what I'm sayin.

Also lets face it, in the club, as a DJ, you really only need a pair of headphones that get the job done (somewhat loud, decent iso etc). SO if the HDJ-2000's sound better than Beats or whatever, it really doesnt matter when it comes to getting the job done as a DJ.

Now, to explain my Mercedes reference, one example I have is, for those working in large corporate offices and want move up the ranks. One of the things they tell you to do, is to stand out, so that you don't get lost in the rest of the crowd. To accomplish that, out of the many things people usually suggest, one of the most common is if you can afford it, buy a fancy car that sticks out. They're thinking is that upper management is more inclined to remember your name and face, "that's Johnson from the 3rd floor, he drives that new AMG S550" . Somewhat simialar to what I'm talking about with the Beats

VjQue
09-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Its just a fashion statement. Now when I see them I'm like are they real or fake hell my friend pawn shop brought some fakes and I was like those are fake. Showed him the wire and showed him mines and went on the net. He Was mad cuz he got 3 pairs

DJNR
09-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Anyways, as a beats Pro owner, for me it was kinda like the attention you get when you're driving a newer Mercedes
I get plenty of attention wearing these guys wherever I play, and they are much better headphones:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PyQdczq98H4/TC2UFOmuleI/AAAAAAAABJo/qF0hGMY3ToA/s1600/Ultrasone-DJ1-PRO.jpg

So, if I'm at the club, and even if it's only one person that night that remembers me by something as stupid as what type of headphones I'm wearing, the next time they come to one of my nights they'll prob be thinking "Oh, thats DJ bla bla bla up there, I remember him from last time cause he's wearing those same headphones I noticed last time".
Just like all the DJs before you who were wearing the same shit headphones. More people wear those than any other headphones I see with maybe the HD 25s as an exception.

Thats worth the investment for me right there, and all my gear is an investment, as I expect to make money back from it plus a lot more.
I buy gear for what it's supposed to be used for: Utility. Not looking "cool" because I was dumb enough to drop $300 on shit headphones.

Also lets face it, in the club, as a DJ, you really only need a pair of headphones that get the job done (somewhat loud, decent iso etc).
And something that isn't riddled with bass so that I can actually get an accurate reading of what is coming out of the speakers.

They're thinking is that upper management is more inclined to remember your name and face, "that's Johnson from the 3rd floor, he drives that new AMG S550"
Which really is like the opposite thing you should do considering how popular Mercedes are. You'll stand out more driving something like an Audi or exotic because they aren't as common. And at that point, I would choose quality over looks.

cooper
09-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Alls I know is that in the past year, the number of Beats (real or fake?) on the local online classifieds/Craigslist has increased dramatically. If they're so amazing, then why are people selling them off in huge numbers?

B3NNY
09-12-2012, 07:08 PM
1) I get plenty of attention wearing these guys wherever I play, and they are much better headphones:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PyQdczq98H4/TC2UFOmuleI/AAAAAAAABJo/qF0hGMY3ToA/s1600/Ultrasone-DJ1-PRO.jpg

2) Just like all the DJs before you who were wearing the same shit headphones. More people wear those than any other headphones I see with maybe the HD 25s as an exception.

3) I buy gear for what it's supposed to be used for: Utility. Not looking "cool" because I was dumb enough to drop $300 on shit headphones.

4) And something that isn't riddled with bass so that I can actually get an accurate reading of what is coming out of the speakers.

5) Which really is like the opposite thing you should do considering how popular Mercedes are. You'll stand out more driving something like an Audi or exotic because they aren't as common. And at that point, I would choose quality over looks.

1) I really dnt believe that, obviously I have no proof, but as DJ I obviously know those headphones, and even I, just by looking at the pics at first, didnt recognize what they were right away. I'm sure they look like any other DJ headphones to most people, and I'm sure the majority of people arent gonna know what they are. Sorry bud, I don't think those do the trick.

2) Can't speak for where you're at. XD-53's and Pioneers around here, are king.

3) Never said I bought it cause I wanna be cool. I'll say it again, besides my M5g's and HDJ-2000's that I never take out, I look at all my gear as an investment.

4) Really man? They're not the absolute best sounding headphones on the market, IMO, but the Beats Pro are pretty good, surely good enough to the point where they arent going to hinder your DJ performance. Surely I know they don't have a flat curve, but think of this........the speakers you are playing music out of arent f*cking flat curved studio monitors, they are "riddled w/ bass " too. If response curve is soo important, then you just made an argument FOR the Beats. Didn't even think of that aspect, thanks.

5) AUDI...Mercedes.....isnt the point. Fill in the blank w/ whatever floats your boat cause it's not the point

DJNR
09-12-2012, 07:22 PM
1. That's not the point. In a night where there are at least 4 other DJs wearing beats, you aren't going to be recognized. My point with the Ultrasones that although people don't know what they are, they are white. The point isn't the brand. You really think average joe is going to know what a pair of HD-25s look like? They will know by color, paint, etc. Even still, the point of headphones is so trivial. Use your DJ name. Having to use headphones as an identifier is pretty dumb.
So in my example:
"That one guy wearing beats" even though there were four.
"That one guy wearing the white headphones" when there was one.
As for you not believing it, I'm sure many DJs on here can attest to the prevalence of beats, in clubs and out.

2. Kinda addressed that in point 1. Obviously the market is going to differ by area, but they are EVERYWHERE here in California. Especially in clubs.

3. What I'm saying is I cannot see how beats are possibly a good investment. Sounds like your coming up with a reason to justify buying shitty headphones.

4. Yes, really. I hold myself to a higher standard, and what I do while I mix I would need to be accurate. 95% my lows are WAY too loud, and flat headphones help me address that. How you mix, Beats might be suitable. I don't know because I haven't listened to your stuff. I'm speaking from my own experience. If you have headphones that are bass heavy, and the system is also bass heavy, you still won't get accurate sound representation, so really, it isn't an argument for or against beats. Similarly, I don't understand why you wouldn't want to play a show with the best headphones you can. Justifying beats by saying "they're good enough" seems really silly. If that's the case, I could probably squeeze by with a pair of skull candy headphones; Everyone would remember me then! For the price that beats go for, they should be awesome, not "good enough".

5. Then don't use that analogy. I was just piggy backing off what you said. The difference was fitting in (wearing beats) or standing out (wearing something less common or unique).

lingk
09-12-2012, 08:02 PM
haha yeah seriously, let alone a DJ

I think DJ Pickles could....

B3NNY
09-12-2012, 08:42 PM
1. That's not the point. In a night where there are at least 4 other DJs wearing beats, you aren't going to be recognized. My point with the Ultrasones that although people don't know what they are, they are white. The point isn't the brand. You really think average joe is going to know what a pair of HD-25s look like? They will know by color, paint, etc. Even still, the point of headphones is so trivial. Use your DJ name. Having to use headphones as an identifier is pretty dumb.
So in my example:
"That one guy wearing beats" even though there were four.
"That one guy wearing the white headphones" when there was one.
As for you not believing it, I'm sure many DJs on here can attest to the prevalence of beats, in clubs and out.

2. Kinda addressed that in point 1. Obviously the market is going to differ by area, but they are EVERYWHERE here in California. Especially in clubs.

3. What I'm saying is I cannot see how beats are possibly a good investment. Sounds like your coming up with a reason to justify buying shitty headphones.

4. Yes, really. I hold myself to a higher standard, and what I do while I mix I would need to be accurate. 95% my lows are WAY too loud, and flat headphones help me address that. How you mix, Beats might be suitable. I don't know because I haven't listened to your stuff. I'm speaking from my own experience. If you have headphones that are bass heavy, and the system is also bass heavy, you still won't get accurate sound representation, so really, it isn't an argument for or against beats.

5. Then don't use that analogy. I was just piggy backing off what you said. The difference was fitting in (wearing beats) or standing out (wearing something less common or unique).

One of the problems you're having here is that I'm telling you that it may be common where you're from (I'll take your word for it), but not soo much here.

1) Yes they are unrecognizable to most people (my point), look like any other DJ headphone. Around here everyone is buying or has bought white. Maybe 2 years ago you might have been one of the few, now, no. I'm a detail oriented person, and small detail I think I can use to my advantage, I will try to do so. So something as stupid as a pair of headphones that someone may remember me from before, is worth the investment for me. You don't have to agree, I'm just offering an uncommon opinion that I think people may have overlooked.

3) If I didnt really believe my theory, and I'm just making excuse to justify the purchase A) I wouldnt waist my time posting this B) I wouldnt buy them as I already had a pair of HD-25's, HDJ-2000's (I bought these when I can afford them cause I always liked the sound better than any headphones I've ever put on), and a pair of HD205 (for comfort). There's no logical reason for me for to buy them other than the belief of my theory

4) Again, going by what you say about how having a the most accurate and best sounding headphones is important in mixing in the club (which I dont think it needs to be at all), again I gotta say, the most accurate response would be the Beats as the would represent the curve of speakers that are being heard. If the speakers were flat curved (which they arent) then it would make a little more sense, but I still don't think it matters. Any somewhat decent headphone will do.

5) I can edit my post to say Audi or Lambo or Ford or Dodge or Fiat or MG etc (fill in the blank....feel like I said that before) if you want, doesnt matter. Again, the fact that I didnt pick out a manufacturer u agree w/ doesnt matter, thats not the point. I coulda left that part blank and it still still wouldnt take away from the point

DJNR
09-12-2012, 09:01 PM
4) Again, going by what you say about how having a the most accurate and best sounding headphones is important in mixing in the club (which I dont think it needs to be at all), again I gotta say, the most accurate response would be the Beats as the would represent the curve of speakers that are being heard. If the speakers were flat curved (which they arent) then it would make a little more sense, but I still don't think it matters. Any somewhat decent headphone will do.

I give up. Whatever.

thehadgi
09-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Beats..... :puke: c'mon srsly?

l0ckd0wn
09-13-2012, 01:10 AM
...I'm not talking about the status symbol thing either...

But then you go on to say why using a pair is OK even though there are much better options all the way around with some even costing less. That is 100% using a product for image and not for purpose.

No matter how many bulleted reasons you give, you're trying to use novelty to sell your brand; you.

You then go on this justification by trying to draw an analogy between a Mercedes and Beats by Dre. You also then go on to detail the Mercedes as a status symbol, leaving a hypocritical bunch of text that boils down to...

'I bought headphones that people would think are cool.'

This is no critique of your DJing, however you gave me the distinct impression that you would basically do anything you could to 'look cool' regardless of your talent, which just cheapens your overall appeal to anyone who would take you seriously.

I'm not saying that DJs should use one brand of headphones or another, but I look at the new Aiaiai headphones as a comparison:

http://cdn.hypebeast.com/image/2009/05/aiaiai-2009-fall-headphones-1.jpg

Comparing those to Beats by Dre:

http://www.scnshop.com/pic/201113110151338183.jpg

One company is making headphones, the other is making fashion accessories. Can you tell which one is which?

DJ BONES
09-13-2012, 02:02 AM
Sometimes it about perception more so than the music... I have crowds that love music and quality mixing and I have crowds that like loud music, distorted bass and a fly looking DJ.... Over the years Ive learned how to cater to my crowds, musically and mentally.. I will only go but so far to be cool for the 18+ crowd and some $400 cans is too far...

Nonyas
09-13-2012, 08:07 AM
very bad headphones..

djshire
09-13-2012, 08:15 AM
One of the funny things about Beats by Dr. Dre: when they were initially released, the specs were not on the website. I had to go to the HTFR website to find them.....and those specs suck.

Adzm00
09-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Now, to explain my Mercedes reference, one example I have is, for those working in large corporate offices and want move up the ranks. One of the things they tell you to do, is to stand out, so that you don't get lost in the rest of the crowd. To accomplish that, out of the many things people usually suggest, one of the most common is if you can afford it, buy a fancy car that sticks out. They're thinking is that upper management is more inclined to remember your name and face, "that's Johnson from the 3rd floor, he drives that new AMG S550" . Somewhat simialar to what I'm talking about with the Beats

But what really gets you noticed and that promotion you are after is good social skills and quality work, not a stupid bloody car.

The Blackest
09-13-2012, 09:16 AM
So, if I'm at the club, and even if it's only one person that night that remembers me by something as stupid as what type of headphones I'm wearing, the next time they come to one of my nights they'll prob be thinking "Oh, thats DJ bla bla bla up there, I remember him from last time cause he's wearing those same headphones I noticed last time".

I am so glad that people remember me from how well my sets are instead of some over hyped headphones. I mean while you at it, how bout you come up w/ a gimmick since people are having trouble remembering you?

Phil Noize
09-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Maybe wear a chicken costume with your Beats ... people would notice you & remember you then!

Estacy
09-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Can we all just stop hating on Beats?
they are a fashion item and everyone knows it. I've seen people wear them without a cable in them thats how much of a piece of jewellery they are

The Blackest
09-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Maybe wear a chicken costume with your Beats ... people would notice you & remember you then!

I like that! Dj CH1CK3N! People would definitely remember you.

Nonyas
09-13-2012, 10:03 AM

seems legit,gonna try

DJNR
09-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Can we all just stop hating on Beats?
they are a fashion item and everyone knows it. I've seen people wear them without a cable in them thats how much of a piece of jewellery they are

If people stop trying to legitimize them as DJ headphones, sure.

Nonyas
09-13-2012, 10:11 AM
If people stop trying to legitimize them as DJ headphones, sure.
i wonder how much does skrillex get paid to ''use'' them

DJ BONES
09-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Its the same thing as wearing street clothes to a lower level club gig, wearing a tie at a wedding and wearing your nice clothes at an upscale club... Its about "looking" the part... Those broke ass headphones wont do me any good in that sector now tho..lol

B3NNY
09-13-2012, 03:02 PM
But then you go on to say why using a pair is OK even though there are much better options all the way around with some even costing less. That is 100% using a product for image and not for purpose.

No matter how many bulleted reasons you give, you're trying to use novelty to sell your brand; you.

You then go on this justification by trying to draw an analogy between a Mercedes and Beats by Dre. You also then go on to detail the Mercedes as a status symbol, leaving a hypocritical bunch of text that boils down to...

'I bought headphones that people would think are cool.'

This is no critique of your DJing, however you gave me the distinct impression that you would basically do anything you could to 'look cool' regardless of your talent, which just cheapens your overall appeal to anyone who would take you seriously.

I'm not saying that DJs should use one brand of headphones or another, but I look at the new Aiaiai headphones as a comparison:

http://cdn.hypebeast.com/image/2009/05/aiaiai-2009-fall-headphones-1.jpg

Comparing those to Beats by Dre:

http://www.scnshop.com/pic/201113110151338183.jpg

One company is making headphones, the other is making fashion accessories. Can you tell which one is which?

From past experience w/ u, I know not to value ur opinion what so ever. WIth that being said, you are entitled to your own twisted interpretation of what I said, but I can tell you that your interpretation is not what I said, or what I meant to say either. I think we can be grown up about this, and just agree to disagree

B3NNY
09-13-2012, 03:10 PM
But what really gets you noticed and that promotion you are after is good social skills and quality work, not a stupid bloody car.

Proffesionals that have been there and done that, and not just speaking out of their ass have come up w/ this gimmick. Please remember, this is just one aspect of their plan (standing out/being noticed), and of that aspect, just one of the many suggestions they tell people to do. Just having a car that sticks out from the rest alone prob isnt gonna do ish. Just like possibly having someone remember you because they remember something like the headphones you had on before, ALONE, will do absolutely nothing for DJ career.

B3NNY
09-13-2012, 03:16 PM
I am so glad that people remember me from how well my sets are instead of some over hyped headphones. I mean while you at it, how bout you come up w/ a gimmick since people are having trouble remembering you?

I'm not a fan of blatant cheesy gimmicks, like costumes, masks, and name drops every song etc. Somewhat repeating my last post, alone it won't do ish for your career. It may be subtle or small, but I feel it has the possibility to help.

The Blackest
09-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Just saying. I mean you're following someone else's lead by wearing Beats. I bet if Dre came out w/ a new set of headphones with the cans looking like turds, people would sport em. Over hyped gear man.

B3NNY
09-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Over hyped, yes. Questionable at best marketing,yes. This has nothing to do with wearing them for those reasons those. It's not to look "cool" , or wear them because I think it's a "status symbol". Like I said, they are recognizable and memorable, if every DJ had em around here, then it would completely defeat my purpose for wearing them cause I would be just another DJ w/ Beats Pro on.

DJAkash
09-14-2012, 01:19 AM
Warning sarcasm coming soon: Beats are not bad headphones, they are just over priced, realistically I think they are worth about 50$ for the sound, 75$ max if you get the most expensive model they have. Anyone who is thinking about buying beats PM me, I am willing to give you my numark red waves with a beats sticker on the side for 600$ the best of both worlds :P

l0ckd0wn
09-14-2012, 02:02 AM
From past experience w/ u, I know not to value ur opinion what so ever. WIth that being said, you are entitled to your own twisted interpretation of what I said, but I can tell you that your interpretation is not what I said, or what I meant to say either. I think we can be grown up about this, and just agree to disagree

Personally, I don't care if you value anything I say, you obviously put yourself above both criticism and critical thinking, so I'm happy to use you as an example for others and demonstrate why not to use gimmicks and novelty to try and sell their image and to just play and stylistically mix good music. If your sets are memorable enough to be remembered, then you as the DJ will also get remembered. If not, you're a dime a dozen DJ just like me; and if you really think you are something special, then be something special, not just another jackass that wears beats by dre to somehow get noticed in the sea of other asshat DJs wearing beats by dre.

Also, I didn't twist anything, your words are clear as day and center around using a gimmick to try and get you noticed. The whole Mercedes = Beats by Dre analogy is laughable at best.

Like I said, they are recognizable and memorable, if every DJ had em around here, then it would completely defeat my purpose for wearing them cause I would be just another DJ w/ Beats Pro on.

So how are you different to all those other DJs wearing beats by dre? The brand, look and type of headphones you wear shouldn't even be a consideration, the practical use, sound quality and efficiency of your headphones should.

So please continue on why wearing headphones that practically no one can see in a dark club is such a stand out mark of your individuality as a DJ. I'm sure that little lowercase 'b' on the side of your headphones is really going to matter. And if you bought any of the colored headphones, then I'm certain you're using them as a gimmick, which it is.

Lastly, you've given some decent advice since our differing of opinions and your obliviousness to the huge range of audio hardware on laptops (hell I even provided screen shots and consulted multiple laptop brands and makes), but please get off your high horse as if you are outside of the realm of scrutiny. I talk straight forward and my posts reflect that, and if you can't take what I'm saying then put me on ignore so I can use you as an example without you getting butt hurt.

DJNR
09-14-2012, 03:05 AM
...but Dre Beats.

DJNR
09-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Dre Beats are so LAST year...

...now the tiesto headphones will get you noticed! You become x10000 more noticeable in these bad boys. Get on it OP.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/14/6uvedupy.jpg

Phil Noize
09-14-2012, 12:07 PM
^^^ They are probably okay headphones though, as they are made by AKG. Since AKG's headphones and microphones have been used on stage and in studios the world over for the last 60 years, I think they probably know what they are doing!!

DJ Nada
10-04-2012, 07:25 PM
This thread amuses me. Any DJ that wears Beats headphones is not somebody I take seriously. A true professional uses the best tool for the job. If you were installing drywall, would you bring in a jackhammer because that's something people would expect to see on the job site? No. If people think Beats are DJ headphones, then they're ignorant, and their opinion doesn't matter. I use Sennheiser HD280's because of their excellent sound attenuation. I don't like having my ears ringing after a gig, so I use headphones (and earplugs) that prevent hearing damage.
Somebody that wears Beats to look cool sounds like a mediocre DJ. People remember me because of songs I play. If people are having trouble remembering you, stop playing the same Nicki Minaj and Rick Ross crap everybody else plays, and do something unique. Play Changes by 2Pac and see what happens. The problem with following trends is that there's always something newer and sparkley out there. You'll always be behind the curve. Do your own thing, and maybe people will start following you.

B3NNY
10-05-2012, 03:58 PM
This thread amuses me. Any DJ that wears Beats headphones is not somebody I take seriously. A true professional uses the best tool for the job. If you were installing drywall, would you bring in a jackhammer because that's something people would expect to see on the job site? No. If people think Beats are DJ headphones, then they're ignorant, and their opinion doesn't matter. I use Sennheiser HD280's because of their excellent sound attenuation. I don't like having my ears ringing after a gig, so I use headphones (and earplugs) that prevent hearing damage.
Somebody that wears Beats to look cool sounds like a mediocre DJ. People remember me because of songs I play. If people are having trouble remembering you, stop playing the same Nicki Minaj and Rick Ross crap everybody else plays, and do something unique. Play Changes by 2Pac and see what happens. The problem with following trends is that there's always something newer and sparkley out there. You'll always be behind the curve. Do your own thing, and maybe people will start following you.

Ok, didnt come out and say my name, but obviously aimed at me. Way to make assumptions about what I play, my skill level, and the reasoning behind my purchase. How many times did I mention it has nothing to w/ style for me, and also explain what I meant by that? Here's a random assumption I have of you....stop going into clubs, and playing garbage electro remixes of call me maybe, cause you think thats Top 40, and you dnt know how to play anything out of 128 BPM. My assumption way off base??......well, so is yours. Your analogy sucks...the point of bringing them is lost if people expect to see them...good job. When it comes to headphones in the club, I'll say it again, you really only need a pair that gets the job done. Wearing the best pair possible isnt going to do anything more for you. FYR, I do own arguably the best pair (not talking bout beats), the best tables, the best CDJ's, and the best mixers. So no need for the "true proffesional" lecture garbage

Adzm00
10-26-2012, 07:22 AM

That is both dickish and wrong.

Also, if you think your headphones (the same headphone that every other hipster pleb, sheep twat is wearing) is going to make you somehow memorable to club goers you are wrong and being really fucking stupid. Maybe if your headphones where styled as giant mouse ears or some shit you'd have a point, but dre beats, no one gives a fuck.

B3NNY
11-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Must be like the 4th or 5th time I've said this.....I'll say it again.....it must be different where ur from or something, but I pretty much have never seen DJ;s wearing Beats Pro. If they all did, or even a bunch did, then it would defeat my purpose for wearing them out. I know it must be easy to be blinded by Beats rage, but please read more carefully before replying

BennyP
11-01-2012, 10:22 PM
I've been to a lot of bars and clubs and have watched DJ's and have a couple friends that are laptop DJ's, most people don't go out on the weekends to critique the DJ's gear. At least not the places I've been in 12 states across the US. To me, what makes me want to remember the DJ is their ability to keep the crowd energized in relation to the bar/club atmosphere, set, transitions, and interactions with the crowd. I can still remember a DJ that used to play in Charlotte NC from 6 years ago, I haven't been there in that time but I sure as hell remember that kid cause he was interacting with the crowd and he was playing awesome music. I haven't once looked at their headphones to determine whether or not that's why I'm going to remember them. I see enough Beats Dre phones at the gym and they look ridiculous. Just my .02. If OP has the money to burn on Beats, that's his choice, I just wouldn't notice him wearing them.

djkvg
11-02-2012, 01:59 AM
arguments over how u perceive yourself as a dj by wearing beats.... if u wear beats and suck at djing, people aren't going to be like wow he was a cool dj cuz he wears beats. they are going to say you suck and thats it. I don't understand how Dr. Dre beats got into the mix w/ dj headphones... they should be just for recreational use. VERY expensive recreational headphones but recreational headphones none of the less. Go grab some sennheisers or Allen and Heath headphones. I just picked up the xone xd2 53 and im hoping im gonna like those.