PDA

View Full Version : Rane Sixty-Two owners - talk to me

Sigma
09-12-2012, 12:56 AM
I currently have a pair of decks that I'm perfectly happy with, a rather beat up and well used Ecler Hak 310 and Traktor. The mixer could do with being replaced, I'm not particularly happy with Traktor, and I would like more control over the DVS, either via buttons on the mixer or a separate controller.

The Sixty-Two looks perfect for my needs, but FUCK - it's really expensive here in the UK. I really don't want to save up and buy one and then have buyer's remorse. If I get one, it could potentially be the last mixer I ever buy though, which would make it worth it in the long run, especially as I was far happier with Serato than I have been with Traktor and Serato can do FLAC now (at least the beta version can) which was my only real gripe with it.

So to those of you that have one, what do you think of it? Tell me the good and bad (assuming there are bad points for you), because I don't just want to hear "it's awesome, Sigma! Buy one!". I suspect that it is rather awesome (it should be at that price!), but is there anything about it that lets it down? Do you think it's worth the money overall?

DJ_BLAKNITE
09-12-2012, 02:43 PM
It's awesome Sigma get one!.....

J/k
I have to tell you that I love mine. I went from a xone 42 and a sl3 box to the rane 62 and I'm not looking back on bit. No more running RCA cables to the box and what not. Just so much more simple and less of a headache. Same as far as not needing the keyboard for Serato. Everything is on the mixer.
Those were my main reason for buying one.
I really cant say anything negative about it. I've just read that some are having issues with the cue buttons.

Interracial Tea
09-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Why not the 61 and a separate controller? Wouldn't that be cheaper? And with the wide variety of controllers, you could find a controller that fits your needs.

DjBlanco
09-16-2012, 10:59 PM
love my 62 not looking back just wish they updated the 68 with the 62 features kinda miss the extra two channels

funkyfresh
09-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Based on your reasoning of wanting to upgrade your mixer and DVS, i think a 62 will satisfy your needs.
A few pros on this mixer for the working djs are:
-Dual USB - awesome for djs who dj with others
-Sound Quality - you will hear the difference in a large venue (comparing this to SL1, 57)
-Cue points, Loop control, FX - if you are a frequent user of these features within the software, it can add dimensions to your skill set
-MIDI mapable buttons - option to map majority of the buttons to whatever you want
-Less cable connections - quicker set up time, cleaner look
-Rane faders - soft, buttery, quiet:shrug:

DJ BONES
09-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Ive used the 62 >>>>>>>>>>

DJhalf
10-02-2012, 08:31 PM
I've yet to see one. How does it compare to the DJM T1?

VjQue
10-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I have a 62 and its awesome. let me see the only issue I can remember that's a con for me is that it don't do the reverse like the 57 did. that was big for me when playing video's or mp3's that were dirty.

this mixer is hands down the best mixer out.

the built in scratchlive

built in cue point's

sample player

loop feature

2 usb (trust me comes in great handy)

clean sound

its so much I cant list. you wont regret it its a beast of a mixer.

Cons

no reverse button (but the midi is open so you can midi it to a button.

little bigger the 10" (that's cool need a new coffin anyway)

mic input is at the bottom ( unless you use it in a 10" coffin its a problem)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/dirtbikeq/20120930_161413.jpg

VjQue
10-02-2012, 08:43 PM
it don't compare to it,

its way better than the DJM T1