PDA

View Full Version : Sol Republic - Headphones

Will MaXimal
09-11-2012, 01:06 PM
I have never heard of this brand... Are they good? I love the asthetics around these things and I will be in the market for new headphones soon.

What i thought was funny is that they have a "Deadmau5" headphone and they have some thing with Michael Phelps going on where they are raising money for his foundation and selling signed headphones... Some are for like 3 grand already.

http://www.solrepublic.com/

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=michaelphelpsauctions

Firebr4nd
09-11-2012, 07:50 PM
I just noticed these as well. Anyone have an opinion on them yet?

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
09-11-2012, 08:05 PM
I have never heard of this brand... Are they good? I love the asthetics around these things and I will be in the market for new headphones soon.

What i thought was funny is that they have a "Deadmau5" headphone and they have some thing with Michael Phelps going on where they are raising money for his foundation and selling signed headphones... Some are for like 3 grand already.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the summer olympics? Michael Phelps,wore a different colored pair,to every swin meet.they're cool looking.can't say much more.

DJ Maxed
09-11-2012, 09:01 PM

http://www.solrepublic.com/

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=michaelphelpsauctions

Looks like the next big thing in headphones. I'm still sticking to my numarks!

DJNR
09-11-2012, 09:03 PM
I haven't heard them myself. People like 3lau, Mau5, and Phelps all endorse those things. To me they look like something that are more for aesthetics than actual DJ functionality.

But shit, what do I know? They could sound good. :shrug:

Edit: On a side note, those Deadmau5 ones are hideous.

LeFresh
09-11-2012, 09:13 PM
I think they're the new fad headphones

TheRabbitMonk
09-12-2012, 09:15 AM
they look nice you'll more than likely break them in a day.

drzinc
09-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Buy them then you can swim like a fish....

DJNR
09-12-2012, 10:39 AM
If you do buy a pair, do a review on them!

Will MaXimal
09-12-2012, 12:18 PM
I haven't heard them myself. People like 3lau, Mau5, and Phelps all endorse those things. To me they look like something that are more for aesthetics than actual DJ functionality.

But shit, what do I know? They could sound good. :shrug:

Edit: On a side note, those Deadmau5 ones are hideous.

I think they're the new fad headphones

You guys pretty much sum it up. The asthetic design is composed very well but i am not sure on the audio quality. I would assume the build quality is good but i did notice they sell the cups and head bands seperate and anytime i see detachable things like that it sends up a red flag for me.

But damn they are sexy :slayer:

they look nice you'll more than likely break them in a day.

DJNR
09-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Well aren't HD25 cups removable?

Will MaXimal
09-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Well aren't HD25 cups removable?

Yea but these arent just removable but "Customizable" haha.

Notyetpro
10-17-2012, 10:52 PM
I own a pair of the Tracks HDs and I'd rate them VERY highly.

The build quality is very sturdy and aside from the occasional buff or scrape there isn't much you can do to damage them.
The detatchable parts are actually a really positive feature as problems such a damaged chord won't put everything else out of commission because everything is replaceable.
The option to swap out headbands and ear cups and such is a nice touch in my opinion.

As far as sound quality goes the HDs are probably the best of the 3 models for listening to any music you'd be hearing in a dj set as they have powerful but clean bass, and chrisp and clean mids/highs.

The major pitfall is they don't have any real sound cancellation, which for someone cueing up a song could cause issues, but there's always the option to turn up the volume of the headphones I guess.

Newvice
11-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I've listened to them before and for the price they sound great! They look amazing as well and there surprisingly well built

Roshanbhoj
11-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Have these! Love them so much! Great for personal listening and DJing. Their on-ear and easier to handle. As they look like they would break easily, the build quality is actually pretty sturdy. You need to be careful as you always would with your headphones but they definitely won't break easy. They look amazing and sound amazing, especially in electronic music.

DJ Nada
11-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Anything marketed on celebrity endorsement, and not the actual merits of the product is a product I'm very skeptical of.

JFunk
11-17-2012, 03:12 AM
Lets face it ... It's not about style or sound quality - The question everyone is asking is whether they do a version for cats - And the answer is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isie2VF3VGw