PDA

View Full Version : DJM 800 or Rane 61, help me out!

Alpine_Ent
09-07-2012, 02:41 PM
So I can get a brand new Rane 61 for $1200. It would be an upgrade from my 56s and was planning to go that route for a while, but now I was looking at pioneer mixers. Even though I am a mobile DJ I play at many gigs as if was a club and I just love EDM that the effects are growing on me on the pioneer mixers.

I can get a Refurb DJM 800 from pioneer directly for $850 and get an SL2 box for about $250-300 used. So price would be the same or even a little cheaper then the 61. It also has two mic inputs vs one on Rane 61 (I use 2 mics and would need the Rolls mini mic mixer for $100)

Which one would you go with? I just sold my technics and got one CDJ 900 second one will be bought very soon.

- I def need the MIDI video sl option when I do videos which both mixers are capable
- Serato box would require more wires involved but i can deal with that since i will build a custom coffin and make everything prewired.
- I will need a total of 6 USB ports, I hope that is not an issue. (I would still need 5 with the rane61)
- I am trying to keep the weight as low as humanly possible (MAIN REASON I SOLD TECHNICS was my coffin was way to heavy and PIA to carry around) - the DJM 800 is about 7 lbs heavier but also requires bigger coffin so add about 10 lbs total.
- I would love to get the 850 or 900 but that is out of my ball park.

Thanks and let me know which you would go with!

Blueprint
09-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Why don't you just get the DDJ pioneer controller for Serato, it's the lightest option and the cheapest option while consoli****** your set-up - yet keeping it Pioneer. (might want to look into if it works with video)

If you like the feel of the real gear, as do I (I'm on 1000mk3s and a djm 800), i'd recommend going with the DJM 800 since it's cheaper and gives you more channels and effects vs the 61. I actually don't even like the 61, but the 62 is pretty awesome.

B3NNY
09-08-2012, 04:41 PM
I love the 61 and 56s, but they are 2 channel battle mixers. Doesnt seem like they are the best fit for what you do. The 800 is probaby more suited for mobile DJ's.

JackStalk
09-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Pioneer DJMs are awesome, coming from a Pioneer fanboy.