PDA

View Full Version : Red Solo Cup madness!

iammongo
02-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Never in my life have i had more requests for a song.

I DJ'd a reverse raffle this saturday and had to play that song almost every 45 minutes (I HATE having to play the same song even 2 times in any evening).
The Girls that hired me kept coming up constantly and telling me that it's the best sing along song ever created and I have to play it "just one more time".
Everyone at the party was having a blast and the whole room sang along every time so ther was no harm in it.....i Just found it to be a little annoying :lol:

Anyone else run into similar situations?

Lazerick
02-13-2012, 09:26 AM
The damn "Wobble" I get soo many request for that damn song and it is always a near obese chic :facepalm:

DJMC
02-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Never heard of this song. Who is the singer or band?

Note: "16 oz Red solo plastic cups" from Costco are everyone's cup of choice for starting medicinal cannabis plants. Without hearing the song, I'm wondering if the subject is "drunkenness" or growing medicine???

Al Poulin
02-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Toby Keith. Great sing along PARTY song indeed...

Al

Mystic
02-13-2012, 11:08 AM
I fucking hate that song. Terribly written, terribly executed. Rednecks sure love the shit out of that song though.

Hell, even Toby Keith said it's one of the worst songs he's ever heard, THEN HE WENT AND RECORDED IT ANYWAY!!!

Damn I hate the music industry sometimes...

iammongo
02-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Even my daughter walks around the house singing that dumb song because they covered it on a recent episode of Glee.

Schreiber
02-13-2012, 03:58 PM
I couldn't remember hearing this song. Looked it up.... *shudder* Country. Thank God I never have to deal with Country.

Sween
02-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Yeah. I hate that crap!

I do not play it unless the F'ing bride herself asks.

DJMC
02-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Yeah. I hate that crap!

I do not play it unless the F'ing bride herself asks.

GMTA. I hate Toby Keith.

FYI -- red solo cups (16 oz) are great b/c you can punch three small holes for drainage and they will last for about 2-3 weeks before you need to transplant into one gallon containers. They have excellent center of gravity and just the right amount of depth for optimum root growth.

Djmike209
02-13-2012, 06:57 PM
I cant stand this song! The first time I ever played/heard it was at a wedding I had 3 or 4 people request it.

Wobble hasn't caught on in this area yet.

Dix
02-13-2012, 08:24 PM
I do like Toby Keith, however, I absolutely 110% hate this song. It must be a girl thing.

BuddyUK
02-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Never heard either of these songs till now i.e. 'Red Dixie Cup' and 'Wobble', thanks for that lads :facepalm:

DJ Watty
02-14-2012, 07:52 AM
The damn "Wobble" I get soo many request for that damn song and it is always a near obese chic :facepalm:

oh my fu**ing god..... lol :teef: Same with Baby Got Back. Always a fat chick.

To op.. I am in redneck country. Red Solo Cup has officially out requested Cotton Eyed Joe for me. Every damn gig.....

DJ Watty
02-14-2012, 07:58 AM
On the good side, if you are getting a cut of the bar then you can really work this song to sell more booze, granted they have red solo cups LOL. And every bar here has them as standard issue now. :lol: Kind like "Shots" but for the country bars :-) Or "Tequilla"

Icefrogg
02-14-2012, 10:43 AM

hell yeah

its funny to me because you will have people on the dance floor and then go into the wobble...the white girls for the most part all end up getting off the floor because they don't know how to wobble....I find that funny. at least that is how it is in baltimore

jazzyj
02-14-2012, 12:33 PM
I live n DJ in Kentucky. Yes. Red Solo Cup... every gig. Even the more non-country gigs. Still. Red Solo Cup. Next time Toby is in town, he and I gonna have to have a chat.

BuddyUK
02-14-2012, 12:40 PM
:lol: loving this thread

Lazerick
02-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Damn another request:
I hate this f*n song
fE_64SdD27w

fat8ack
02-14-2012, 01:29 PM
GMTA. I hate Toby Keith.

FYI -- red solo cups (16 oz) are great b/c you can punch three small holes for drainage and they will last for about 2-3 weeks before you need to transplant into one gallon containers. They have excellent center of gravity and just the right amount of depth for optimum root growth.

Man sounds like you need a grow thread brother....PREACH ON WISE MAN!!!!

Schreiber
02-14-2012, 01:34 PM
To op.. I am in redneck country. Red Solo Cup has officially out requested Cotton Eyed Joe for me. Every damn gig.....

Haha, deep redneck country here too. Literally at the base of the Smokies in Tennessee. Luckily, the party scene around here has had enough of country too. I've never once got a request for a single country song. Thank God.

Ntertainment
02-16-2012, 10:41 PM
I personally love red solo cup. It's fun and you can't help but sing along. I'm starting to get tired of the thought of playing it forever.

I think toby keith said he thought it was the dumbest song ever written but that he new it would be a huge hit so that's why he made it. And lets face it, he was right. I wish the'd release it for karaoke!

DJrexx
02-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Just play Moving like Bernie and Cat Daddy for them instead. They more than likely wont know how to do either

bestncdjs
02-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Yes... Red Solo requested at wedding.... high school....middle schools... and even elementary schools which of course we don't play at schools at all...

DutchApples
02-28-2012, 01:38 AM
I've been lucky enough to have NEVER gotten a request for Red Solo Cup, however, like Lazerick, The Wobble annoys me. It got to the point at one bar, I actually have a "Request Rules" sheet at the booth where it says DO NOT WRITE WOBBLE.

groovydjs
02-29-2012, 03:07 AM
I'm seeing a ton of you missing out on making some big tips. Simply get a big ass RED SOLO CUP, heat the bottom of it a little bit so that it will WOBBLE every time someone touches it. Every request you get for EITHER song, direct people's pockets to you newly fashioned tip jar. They have to feed the RED SOLO CUP or they have to put enough in there to make it WOBBLE or you don't play the song. You might as well pay your rent with the latest fad.

Dix
02-29-2012, 03:54 AM
^^^^^^^^^^ LOL very good !

peterwo2e
03-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Never in my life have i had more requests for a song.

I DJ'd a reverse raffle this saturday and had to play that song almost every 45 minutes (I HATE having to play the same song even 2 times in any evening).
The Girls that hired me kept coming up constantly and telling me that it's the best sing along song ever created and I have to play it "just one more time".
Everyone at the party was having a blast and the whole room sang along every time so ther was no harm in it.....i Just found it to be a little annoying :lol:

Anyone else run into similar situations?
put it on the list with cupid shuffle and the electric slide.

peterwo2e
03-01-2012, 05:24 PM
holly shit i was just curious cause i never heard of this song, i was thinking it was a cool party song cause this is what i see on lots of parties. red solo cups. i listen to it and now i know why i never heard it before. and now i know why some of those southern clubs have the dj behind some protective cages.