PDA

View Full Version : First gig coming up - temperature is rising!

DJ Difficult
09-05-2012, 05:01 AM
Yeah, about a week ahead and is time for my first gig. It's not a club gig, it's a wedding afterparty for about 50 people. I know the bride (my old schoolmate) but everybody else are unknown people for me.
Only thing that i know is that they "just wanna dance". No specific song selection but i know i have to play all kind of music from funk/soul to hip hop and house. I know i can play those songs for me but how they will work for other people is mystery for me. I know i just have to have fun behind my decks on enjoy it. But still.. All the good advice are welcome:P

Baller95
09-05-2012, 06:28 AM
Good luck!

Evolved
09-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Don't fail or fuck up or everything is over. OK? its OVER. Life will be hell until you die! Don't make one single tiny mistake.. I Kidd ikidd...

GL

DJNR
09-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Good luck!

DJ Que Yi
09-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Knowing what moves the crowd versus what personally moves you is what makes you a DJ. People dance to tunes they know! Make sure your set fits your crowd.

DJ Difficult
09-14-2012, 03:25 PM
24h and then, Dj Difficult is loose! I'm surprisingly calm :)

fueledbymusic
09-17-2012, 04:53 PM
When I did my first gig.. I just basically pretend I'm at home in my backyard..
Just be yourself,.. It worked for me

DJ Maxed
09-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah, about a week ahead and is time for my first gig. It's not a club gig, it's a wedding afterparty for about 50 people. I know the bride (my old schoolmate) but everybody else are unknown people for me.
Only thing that i know is that they "just wanna dance". No specific song selection but i know i have to play all kind of music from funk/soul to hip hop and house. I know i can play those songs for me but how they will work for other people is mystery for me. I know i just have to have fun behind my decks on enjoy it. But still.. All the good advice are welcome:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Iri7lWnPeQ

Here's what happened at my first gig. I think that was about a month ago if I remember right...
Take what you want from this video. These were just my thoughts.