PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting DJF Trance Tourney 2012 (ROUND 1): M!TCH vs Tekno Violet !

Rek_Aviles
09-04-2012, 03:04 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/Ellissentials/DJFTranceTourny2012.jpg
ROUND 1

FILE 1 (http://djfbattles.com/battles/TranceTourney2012/DJFTrance Tournament 2012 - M!TCH-vs-Tekno_Violet-1.mp3)

FILE 2 (http://djfbattles.com/battles/TranceTourney2012/DJFTrance Tournament 2012 - M!TCH-vs-Tekno_Violet-2.mp3)

RULES:
30 minute mark. The final track of each mix must have started by the end minute mark listed below.
it is recommended that contestants use Mainstream Trance (Progressive, Vocal, Tech, Acid, Melodic, Epic) – however if you want to play harder GOA/Psy.-Trance you are more than welcome
Ghost votes do not count in the final score. In order for a vote to count, there must be a comment made by the voter and he/she must have over 50 confirmed posts on DJForums.com.

MORE DETAILS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?11940-Djf-2012-trance-tournament-rules-amp-entry-thread

**Will display users who voted, and what choice they voted for.**

RikkiGTR
09-05-2012, 03:24 AM
I've noticed I'm writing a lot of exact times down here, I'm sorry if that's annoying but I'm listening and then quickly writing the time to keep myself right :)

Mix 1 - Interesting intro. Nice beat but don't like the song itself. Transition building around 3:25 has got me excited, sounds more like my kind of Trance, 6:00 love this :teef:
Nice mix into the next track, very smooth. Is it a new track or an added interlude, because 10:30 with that bass drop - is that a new track? Another build up getting me excited after 14:00... This bass better be huge.... 14:49, get in.
Next mix again very smooth, albeit quick and took me by surprise. I like this track. I like any track with a firm, punchy bass. Around 21:00 I'm getting goosebumps (please PM me a track ID!)
Lead-up to 24:00 was interesting. Mixing without the bass if I'm not mistaken. Worked well. This track is so different from the one before that I went crazy about (so far anyway - I'm at 25:50)
Whatever is going on at 27:50 is going to blow my speakers lol. There's just so much noise >.< A lot of the tracks have been different to what I what deem "Trance" (the sort of trance I would play myself), but I can't complain about sub-genres.
Overall - very well put together. Nice mixing, only real fault I could find (if I had to be picky) is the end track - it was just a little too noisy for me.

Mix 2 - Intro sounds ace on my surround sound system, voices floating all over the room. I do like this track at the start, it's quite light and airy. Nice.
I'm enjoying the long-drawn-out mix into the next track. I like mixes that take a long time. The track itself is a bit similar to the previous one... there was a change right?
8:00 onward, well mixed. This track is really nice, the beginning reminds me of Chicane's 'Poppiholla'. Actually I'm loving this one (requesting track ID, although I recognise it and may have, it I'd still like the name).
13:00 onward, again well mixed. This track, again, is quite similar to those previous (this is by no means a bad thing). There's like a theme going on.
The track that came in around the 16:30-ish mark, interesting change of direction. Vocal, echo, goosebumps with the build-up around 18:30 and beyond. I like this. A lot.
21:40, another good mix, and as it plays on this is another track I'm really enjoying. Sad to hear it go at 27:00, but another smooth transition. And this final track is lovely.
Overall - another well put together set, smooth transitions and nice track choices.

Vote - I'm going with Mix 2
Both were very well done, but mix 2 seemed to have more of a consistent theme throughout, with more tracks that I enjoyed.
It's a close call though because Mix 1 had the best track overall for me (around the 21 minute mark) and was a great set.

Ellissentials
09-05-2012, 06:54 AM
I've noticed I'm writing a lot of exact times down here, I'm sorry if that's annoying but I'm listening and then quickly writing the time to keep myself right

Don't apologize for a good review Rik. Time stamps and your thoughts at those time stamps are pretty much some of the BEST type of feedback you can give! You're precise with where you're thinking your thought and at what time, so us as DJ's can go back and listen to those spots to truly "feel" your review. :tup:

I'll listen to this one and a few others in the next few days... working and baby have had my attention a lot. :)

Era 7
09-05-2012, 10:57 AM
gotta give this one to mix #2

Mix #1

didn't like it too much until around the 10 minute mark. though the energy switch was kinda harsh i liked the tunes more after that. happy to hear chris voro - neurasthenia in there :tup: but overall the mix was all over the place. not consistent enough.

Mix#2

even though it wasn't the style that i usually prefer i really liked this one. very consistent in style. chill and dreamy. mixing was on the spot and overall not much to complain about.

JackStalk
09-05-2012, 01:16 PM
File 1: I didn't really care for the intro, it had me thinking "This is more house than trance" and I found myself just waiting for the next track. I thought the transition was okay but it was a little long, the EQing of the bass felt too drawn out to me. I thought the volume drop on the main track going into track 3 was very noticeable, and it could have been a lot smoother. The track selection was okay and the rest of the mix was okay, but I really didn't like the last track, especially the screaming.

File 2: OMG I LOVE THE FIRST TRACK! I forget what it's called but I have it in my archives somewhere, what a great tune! Okay I just found it, "The World Doesnt Know" by TILT. Transition to track 2, great. Track 2 itself, awesome. Trainwrecking about a quarter of the way into the mix? I dont know whats up with that. I dont have timestamps on my player but its about 25% in. The very next transition is the same thing, you can hear the tracks heartbeating. It kinda killed the mood for me. The volume level for the transition to the final track could have been a little higher. Overall, the song selection was good.

This is a tough choice for me. I'm going to go with File 2 even with the minor beatmatching issues because I liked the tracks better and I think it flowed better. The track selection on the first mix wasn't really my favorite. File 2 gets my vote.

DJ Nutty
09-06-2012, 07:57 AM
M!TCH vs Tekno Violet

Mix 1.

Good high power intro, tho the tracks percussion is all over the place. Sounds right clip-clopy.
Nice 1st transition. Not too keen on the track tho, personal taste.
Next transition pretty smooth as well.
Bit of a jump into next transition, and the track is glitching quite a bit.
This really hard track is just getting dull now. Absolutely no melody to it, and the same loop over and over for what seems like forever...
Next transition in pretty swift but worked ok.
Again I really dont like this track. Even the breakdown has no melody, just the same loop devoid of anything interesting.
Quick change into another one well timed.
I dont know if you have recording issues, but the breakdowns are always really too quiet.
Really smooth beat transition towards end.

Tbh I didn't really like any of the tracks, I didn't think they were particularly trancey, but thats just personal taste.
Pretty much all the transitions were spot on timed, and it worked well as a mix. There was a few sound quality issues on some track.
But good job all in all.

Mix 2.

Ahh nice intro track, think its Tilt - what the world doesn't know :)
Pretty good long blend into next track.
Tho I dont like this track, sounds like Mario theme tune or something.
Pretty good transition into next, few transients were off but nothing major.
Next transition seemed to clash a tiny, but timing fine.
Starting to pick the pace up a bit with next track.
Another familiar track, dont remember the name tho. Is it Superman track from last year ? ;)
Smooth transition into last track.

Like the track selection much better in this one. There was a few tiny niggles but on the whole very good.

Quite a tough choice this one again, but I'm gonna go with Mix 2. I felt mix 2 had better longer blends, mix 1 seemed quite cutty.
Therefore I think mix 2 flowed better. Also I enjoyed the tracks alot more.

Ellissentials
09-07-2012, 10:34 AM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/Ellissentials/EllissentialsReview-1.jpg
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/Ellissentials/EllissentialsReview-1.jpg

Mix 1: ◄PLAY► Immediately loving these opening sounds. Nice driving feeling to open. This synth guitar sound reminds me of Daft Punk :) Mix in at 3:06 then by 3:18 it's a bit "off" and abrupt of a transition... missing some of the last track as it's transitioning in. General loss of low end (driving) energy too much I think, but not horrible. This track is a little too "in my face" with those types of synths. 7:52.. excellent! Loving this transition! Nice flow into the next track and great soundscapes being created with these 2 tracks! 8:21, new track is fully taking over as last track outros (wonderfully I might add). 8:54ish, great vocal in this..after the track drops back in, I'm realizing, this is noooothing like your first couple. I'm 100% enjoying this track tho, so that is great. Whoa, another "in my face" transition at 10:28. Doesn't fit your last track at all, in my opinion, and overall seemed like a forced mix. 12:04, first breakdown in track...Don't think I'm feelin' this track. I would have to say the last track doesn't "fit" the set, but this one does, considering the very synthy nature of the beast. 15:42 here comes next mix in.. when it comes in, it's slightly off the beat. You fight with it for a few moments, then get it in line. This track DOES seem to fit the last tracks tonal properties and general sound structure, so seemingly good choice. 18:57, next track is working in and drops in at 19:10 with a SLIGHT (I mean slight) kick left over from last track, but overall this is a very good, energy building transition and the two tracks seems to fit together again in this case. Great transition there :tup: 21:00 nifty breakdown in this track here. The vocal is very "airy" and atmospheric. Here we go.. more synthy synth overload of uplifting synths. heh :) 22:57, both tracks are working in I believe, because it seems to be breakdown on breakdown mixing... I think this, because at 23:18 you're getting key clash with new track. These keys didn't work together, but the FLOW of the breakdown on buildup worked well in itself, and as an afterthought I can live with the key clash that happened. Quite a good transition, overall I'd say. 25:00 I have to admit I'm really really digging this track with the vocal the way it is now... no saying about the future. Alright ... it's now "the future" since that comment and must say, vocal in this breakdown has me in suspense! 26:44, track comes back and goosebumps hit my arm. (Happens all the time for me when I listen to, what I consider, great music) 26:15 I realize you're having the next track slowly work it's way in... and this seems to work quite well. Woo really driving track here! Holy smokes! lol. Little sprinkled in FX before the breakdown, and the breakdown = very nice. That scream before the drop, wowsers Penny.. that was intense. 29:30, great vocal on this breakdown.. freaky stuff. Hmm.. do you think this track doesn't fit the rest of the set? I mean, uplifting synthy super synths... and this. 30:14 into build before drop, the synths do get up in there a bit, and start to "elate" but the track comes back to that deep driving dark feeling, so yeah, doesn't seem to fit the set overall. I do enjoy this set, even though there were some tracks that I didn't fully feel. A lot of bold mixing and chances taken with track selection.

Mix 2: ◄PLAY► Opening is nice and welcoming, with some subtle mid range and hi's. 0:28, proper "bass introduction" to start the set out. Oh hey.. I know this track, and have it actually. :) Hmm, don't believe it's this remix though, .... naw, this is a different remix. 2:46 .. yeah very chill! 3:09: Mix in point. I feel it needs a nudge quickly after, and I believe it's getting it... oh maybe not. Nudge it, nudge it! hah :) 3:36 beat matching has been sorted out, and so far everything is seeming to flow. 3:58(ish) when the incoming low end synth line starts to hit, it has tonal clash (key) with outgoing track. 4:52, yeah I don't think this next track works with outgoing track really. Nice lonnng blend tho, I do enjoy that. Nice track for sure too. 7:20ish I notice another track coming in and it floats off quite badly until about 7:46, then it's sorted quite well and sounds actually great coming in. Quite a long blend, mind you. Just wish you had it more sorted before you brought it live. Great transition overall into next track (after issues were sorted). 10:27, really digging this breakdown in here! Once it drops, that's pure Trance right there. So "floaty" and atmospheric! (As you can tell, I'm digging your tracklist so far) 12:27 seemed to have been mix in point, and everything is on point so far. 12:52, the hi's are slightly overpowering but generally a really good mix. You're creating more energy with this for sure. Bah, by 13:23 the hi's were a bit much.. ohh you sort them shortly after.. ok kudos. Just yeah, there's my criticism for that transition. The hi's were a bit much for moments of it, but the flow and energy of this long blend, are very nice. Good job. 15:56, I blatantly notice incoming track. It's ever so slightly off beat, but also EQ'd a bit too strong I think. 16:23, floating off quite a bit.. please fix it. 16:35, nearly full blown train wreck. 16:42 sorted... 16:48 excellent drop into, what is seeming, another a.w.e.s.o.m.e. track! 19:17.. between the more "driving" nature of this, and how synthy this track is getting, I'm wondering if it's a "fit" for the set you've created. It IS raising the energy, but I'm wondering if it "works".. hard to explain what I mean. Around 20:40 I believe is mix in point, and everything is seemingly on and flowing very well. 21:08, yes you definitely had a track in, and everything is just great. Wonderful phrasing all around. Great breakdown once it takes over. 22:00 ish.. nice energy creation. 22:43, outgoing track should've been gone at that moment.. was it gone and this is how the new track was produced? Or did you just leave outgoing track and filter it out yourself? 24:54, seems to be a mix in point. The hi-hats and snare stick out against the building track (again, I'm assuming the track isn't produced like this). 26:29, definite mix in point. Mix seems to be very decent so far. 26:58 new track starts taking over and as it's progressing, it's seeming to be a very decent mix. Little "floaty" with the outgoing track, but it's working. 27:33, you're slowly fading the track out, and I feel there was a slight loss of overall transition properties. Still, very good overall! Not a bad track, but not 100% to my liking..

Well, for track selection, I'd give it to Mix 2. (My personal tastes and all.) But I'm going to combine everything into this: Tracklist / Mixing / Phrasing / EQ work and overall flow, and I believe Mix 1 had a very slight advantage. You both had good thoughts for a mix, but some drifty moments in each mix. All and all, some decent stuff in this battle. Mix 1 for me.

Cheers all :tup:

n0ah
09-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Mix 1: ◄PLAY► Not much of an intro, right into the mix, but with a 30 minute mix I understand the need for that! First mix is coming in a little loud nd a little off. Lost a little energy it feels like. Love this second track! Remind me of when I was at EDC and the king (Armin) dropped it! I can tell this set is going to be fairly high BPM throughout! Phrasing on this next transition seemed a little off, I would have let it a ride a little more. I'm liking these psy-trance sounds though =] Acid trance! Track was a little boring though to be honest. THis next transition definitely sounds very off. The beats are clashing hard (11mins). Next transition was solid! loooove the vocals here!! (21mins). Not a fan of this track at 26min. Overall, i didnt feel like this mix had much energy to it at all, but that could just be a personal thing :P

Mix 2: ◄PLAY► First track BEAUTIFUL. Already think I'm going to like this track selection better. First transition was solid and I'm feeeeeling this proggyness! Didnt have time to do a more detialed feedback on this one, but I really enjoyed the tracks on this, so I'm going to have to vote. EDIT: After listening to this more carefully, there are definetly a lot of beatmatch and phrasematch errors. I should have voted for mix 1 due to the better mixing, but I did love the tracklist on this one better. MIX 2.

Delta V
09-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Mix 1: Too many different styles, there was like house, trance, psy, trance, hardstyleish. Overall it felt all over the place, I couldn't get locked into a groove. Mixing was great. I did like a few of the tunes, surrender is good and I actually love the that last tune would love an ID on that.

Mix 2: Wow starting off with an old Tilt tune, I always thought of this near the end of a set but we'll see where this goes. Mix out of World Doesn't Know was alright, the next mix however I can hear an ever so slight drift. Loving all this Prog stuff, have quite a few of these tunes but I don't mix them as quick as you. HAHA love the use of last years rd one required track, very sly.

I think Mix 1 was mixed a bit better, but Mix 2 had a more defined identity, pretty hard to choose but I'm going to go with mix 2. I think programing skill is more important that beatmixing skill.

Complex.ity
09-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Mix #1:

Okay very electronic opening! Ooh! Huge opening!
Transition was pretty good! I think there were a little bit of slipping in beats but you nudged them back in line. Definitely a boost of energy! Alright! Definitely feeling this track! :dance:
Next transition coming in! Clean and pretty solid sir! Alright this track isn't as energy intensive as the ones you started with. Alright I'm starting to think that this track didn't belong.
~10:28: Hmm, now wondering why you put that one track in. The beats around really that smooth after the transition. I feel them drifting and it sounded like you were doing little baby scratches. I am really digging this track! Is this Vast Visions?!
Next transition sticking with some of that high tempo trance we all love and keeping that energy up! Very nice!
Okay at the drop of the track, you immediately throw in the next track. It was a little off and I think you rushed that a bit. The mid kicks were clashing with each other and didn't sound that well together.
I'm loving this track at ~21:05! Ooh!! :slayer: ~21:10: Ohhhh yes! BEAUTIFUL!!! :) I love it!
23:20: Okay noticing another track coming in. Did work well together but I think you cut that one track a bit too soon. I think it would've been fine with some aspects and I don't think the previous track would've done that much harm to this one, especially since the vocals did come in like another 32 or so bars. Hmm I'm not really feeling this track nearly as much as the previous. I don't think this one really belongs here.
~27:19: Okay another track with a ton of energy. ~27:39: Umm 0_0. This sounds wayyy too busy. Is this just one track playing? Hmm I guess it is. That rolling bassline is huuuuge. He make the sub bass roll too as well?? Damn haha.

Alright it started out very nice! I absolutely loved the very euphoric high tempo'd trance then it started to drift from its element and go into some very dark type of thing. I haven't really heard that type of trance. Definitely a lot of energy in them, especially that last track with that MASSIVE driving rolling bassline! Really pumping but the thing is when you finish with those types of tracks, I feel the mix is somewhat incomplete I guess? I mean you did take the approach that would be more suitable for hour or so long mixes rather than a short 30 minute mix. Respect definitely for that, but it flowed so well in the beginning and I feel you drifted away from that in the end. Overall, I'd say it was a good mix for sure! Beat-matching was good for the most part and the phasing was pretty good too! None-the-less, you left me impressed (I'm so cheesy! :teef:)! Alright Mix #2, let me see what you're made of!

Mix #2:

Nice opening bud! This track really sets the mood nicely.
Noticing a transition! Very smooth and very nicely built! Both tracks work very well together. Long transition and well beat-matched! I'm really liking where this mix is headed! Very good vibe!
~7:30: Kicks start going off track. It's off a bit. Needs a nudge and looks like it gets it. Phased pretty well, stuck with it and saved it. Good save sir. Alright nice vocals here! Really nice feeling track!
12:21: Alright noticing a transition! Bringing in the highs a little bit before that mark. ~13:00: Wishing the kicks are a little tighter to make it better. You cut the other track very quickly while the incoming track is still building. Could be phase or it could be panic from the kicks not being on. So far really loving the tracklist, hoping for the rest to be a little bit tighter! Alright this one has a pretty big sub bass and kick but the melody is quite mellow. Very chill mix but seems like the energy is not rising but dropping.
~16:01: Alright the beat-matching is a little better. ~16:28: Okay starting to drift and didn't give that nudge. Try to stick with it! This track is boosting the energy up a bit now! Kind of spoke too soon on that last one that's forsure! Ohhh I know this song! Absolutely love it! Massive!
~20:55: Alright another transition and very spot on! Very well beat-matched! Here we go buddy! MUCH BETTER TRANSITION! By far your best transition here! I would say that you could turn the gain up on this one because it is a little bit low! Beat-matching and phasing was good though! Make sure you watch those volume levels! This is a bit more uplifting versus the previous one which was very progressive. Here comes the breakdown. Have a feeling this one is going to be massive for some reason! Haha.. The quiet ones in the beginning are the HUUUUGE tracks! ~24:40: Chills... Aww I thought it was going to be bigger! Was really anticipating it! Haha not your fault and not going to count against you. Was just saying from production standpoint! Good track though! Oh we're approaching the 30 minute mark so it does make sense, bringing the energy down.
~27:00: Another transition that is sounding good! Beat-matched well and phased well! Very smooth! Nice transition! ~29:10: Insert Jesus pose here. Haha really liking this track! Very nice, euphoric feel! Great choice closing with this track! ~30:07: :err: HUGE! That is the type of drop I was anticipating in the other haha. Not going to lie!

Well, well, well! To begin, I'd that I really enjoyed the tracklist! Very euphoric trance and flowed pretty well! Although that last tracked seemed to have a ton of energy and could've probably been used in the climax because of how big it was and could've closed it with the 2nd to last track but hey! It's how you want to tell your story so I can't really hold that against you! So to the verdict!

Both mixes were really nice. Both had absolutely massive tracks! Very euphoric, happy feeling trance! One thing about Mix #1 is that you kind of went away from the initial emotion and threw in a couple of tracks that didn't really belong in my opinion which kind of threw me off and it seems like the mix isn't done because you ended on such a high note with that last track having such a huge bassline and figured it should be earlier and say the same for Mix #2 as well because that last track was just huge. Both of the mixes had pretty good beat-matching but felt Mix #2 struggled a little bit in the beginning. I don't know whether you just got in to after 20 minutes or you had a distraction because the transitions all of a sudden started to get really solid! Mix #1's transition throughout was pretty much on. Very tough decision and it's almost like flipping a coin but I have to go with Mix #1. I felt the beat-matching and everything throughout the entire mix were a bit more solid. Definitely enjoyed the tracks used in these 2 though! Awesome job guys! :tup:

Sedna
09-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Mix 1 - mixing and eq was decent throughout but nothing to write home about. I feel like the songs were solid (though I didn't enjoy the intro track) but style was a bit all over the place. I heard some awesome acidulous tunes that really made me groove, but they were also interrupted by a different style of trance. I kinda wanted you to just keep one groove throughout, but it was still a decent mix.

Mix 2 - feeling very euphoric in the beginning. Really enjoying the track selection. Mixing is good, though I think I noticed some galloping early on. Some of these songs are not exactly my taste, but the flow of this mix is excellent.

Mix 2!

login
09-11-2012, 03:01 AM
Mix 1

This started with two powerfull tracks and moved in to some psyprog, which didn't worked that well but it was interesting change in styles. 4th tracks transition was quite fast and in to a very different sounding groove. Then another heavy track with epic build ups, it wasn't bad, till.... another prog psy track but I felt the mix was going different directions: one side keep me grooving at an outdoor party at 12 pm and the other at a stadium dressed in white. Maybe it's a problem with the genres being so apart. The tracks were good in their own.

• Intro: 3
• Track Selection: 3
• Mixing/Transitions: 4
• Eq/FX: 4
• Outro: 4

Ohmega
09-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Shit...I missed one. Starting to listen now.

I have listened a few times and I enjoy both mixes quite a bit, more than most. Mix 1 had some interesting song structure but the energy maintained well throughout. A few transition issues but very minor if anything. Mix 2 has some nice ethereal chordal structures going and is a pleasure to listen to again and again. The groove at 21:00 is such a positive keyed tune that is hard to come by. In all I have to agree that Mix 2 has the edge in the battle.

Mix 2 takes my vote, tack one more on up there. Sorry for the delay guys, been busy with work and things. Thanks for sharing...

See one of you in Round 2!

login
09-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Mix 2

A sweet and groovy begining, Transitions are good for the most part. The overall vibe in the following tracks keeps being very sweet and I feel it lacks tension. The following transition is larger and goes in to a track with some house elements that keep the mix interesting just when I felt it was going to remain flat. Its gets far more driving here. Hope it can get better by next track aaaaand...transition is fast and suprising but it cuts a little bit the current track, the good part its that it keep the energy growing. Last track doesnt fits well in to the mix IMHO much more electro than the previous ones.

• Intro: 3
• Track Selection: 3
• Mixing/Transitions: 3
• Eq/FX: 4
• Outro: 2

My vote goes to mix 1

ChrisHynds
09-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Ok Last Battle,

Mix 1 -

Intro - Not really felling this track at all, very electro house feel to it, Trance 2.0

Mix 1 - Comes in a little off beat but is corrected, I can hear the outgoing track drifting away in the background, I dont think these 2 work well together,

Mix 2 - Mixing in seems ok , yea good transition, but what are you doing? the 3 tracks you've played so far have all been different genre's, this is a breaks track? there's little to no direction so far.

Mix 3 - Wow big overpowering bass kick, and again these tracks dont go together at all, whats going on with the audio? Might be my playback but it sounds all muffled/glitchy. This is a bangin track with plenty of energy but its playing really bad audio quality which is buggin me?

Mix 4 - Good mix here, these 2 tracks go well together, the audio quality is terrible? Im assuming this was a recording problem? This is the first track that I actually dont mind in the set

Mix 5 - Not diggin this mix into Surrender, way too abrupt,

Mix 6 - Not really sure what happend here, sounds like you tried bringing a melody in over the top of another melody and used the effects to filter out surrender?

Mix 7 - I really dont know where your going with this, but Im done,

Wrapping up, I dont know what to say about this set, I'll try to be as constructive as possible but I really didnt like any of it, Your basic mixing was ok throughout the set but it had no direction, you must have used about 5 different styles in the 30 mins given, I heard Breaks, Hard Trance, Electro, just wasnt my cup of tea at all and the audio quality was really pissing me off. Sorry man, just not my thing :(

Ok Mix 2 -

Intro - Basic flat beat intro, no real intro track here - "The World Doesnt know" I have this but the Arty remix, nice track

Mix 1 - coming in early, a little drifting on the beat matching, all lined up well, the melodies clash quite badly here, the tracks work together but you came in too early creating the melody clash.

Mix 2 - Beat matching is off, your levels jump around a little on this one, seems like you panicked because of the beat matching being off and rushed the rest of the mix. This is a great little track, Ive heard it before, not sure where tho. I can see what your going for with the set, nice direction so far, lets hope you maintain it :)

Mix 3 - Beat matching is much tighter this time round, oh wait a little clip again, nudge nudge nudge, no nudge :( finally a nudge \0/ lol good progression into this track.

Mix 4 - Beat matching again, c'mon man you can do better, solid track here I used this in the finals last year, JOC - Talk To Me (Orjan Nilsen Remix) nice track!

Mix 5 - Mixing into superman, doesnt work, your phrasing is way off here

Mix 6 - Mixing out of superman is solid, good tranisition here :)

Ok Im going with Mix 2, although beat matching was an issue the general direction of the set was better, work on your beat matching dooode :)

g-sep
09-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Giving this to Mix 2

Mix 1: Didn't really feel it at all. Tried giving it a full listen through but couldn't so I began to jump around instead. Even then it felt like going forward 3-4min there was a massive change in the groove.

Mix 2: You had me feeling it more than mix 1. More flow to the whole thing, and that's what it's about for me.