PDA

View Full Version : Up light with built in control

bluelighting
09-03-2012, 09:07 PM
I was at an event and a DJ was using an up lights without running DMX cables. He said the controller was built in. I can't remember the manufacturer. Does anyone know who makes an up light like this?

Do you have any recommendations on a sub $150 uplight? They will just be used as wall washers (single color).

drzinc
09-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Most modern led uplights have a control panel on them so that you can control color and other things like fade strobe and the like.
Here are some that fit your budget...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Slim-Flat-RGB-Par-64-can-puck-style-DMX-DJ-light-/270842400559?pt=US_Stage_Lighting_Single_Units&hash=item3f0f770f2f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blizzard-Lighting-Puck-RGB-Light-LED-Slim-Par-DMX-Flat-Can-Uplighting-/251132570384?pt=US_Stage_Lighting_Single_Units&hash=item3a78aaeb10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMERICAN-DJ-MEGAPAR-MEGA-PAR-PROFILE-LED-SLIMPAR-CAN-DMX-WASH-DJ-EFFECT-LIGHT-/160836398345?pt=US_Stage_Lighting_Single_Units&hash=item257298ad09

sss18734
09-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Virtually any DMX-capable light will also have some built-in programs.

bluelighting
09-04-2012, 12:58 PM
I only use a single color for each event, but I need to have the color options of a DMX controller. For example, I would need different shades of blue or amber. The lights the DJ was using had a turn dial that would change colors. My current lights will do some colors without a controller (red, white, green, blue, purple). I just can't get different shades.

BillESC
09-04-2012, 02:11 PM
You should be able to set individual values for Red, Green and Blue. This will allow you to achieve different "shades."

It sounds like you're just using macro colors available.

bluelighting
09-04-2012, 06:29 PM
You should be able to set individual values for Red, Green and Blue. This will allow you to achieve different "shades."

It sounds like you're just using macro colors available.

The only thing on the back are dip switches to set the channels.

BillESC
09-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Ok. Just about everything is now made with LCD screens allowing for infinite adjustment of color.

You could look at Puck's from Blizzard lighting, they are $ 99.99 MAP.

I also can recommend a new flat style LED par from Visual Effects that can be had for even less. Web links coming soon.

Dave Daschofsky
09-10-2012, 11:13 PM
[I use the chauvet slim pars. They've got a built in lcd panel and go for $99. They also daisy chain. And are really lightweight.

Dave Daschofsky
09-11-2012, 02:59 AM
Hi Claudius, glad to rotating joints (www.electricslipring.com/) see you made it to the forum. This place is host to rotary union (www.electricslipring.com/rotary-union.html) a bunch of diverse people who are all united by their love for gyros. Sharing this is what keeps this place going. Thanks for jumping through all the technological hoops to fiber optic rotary joint (www.electricslipring.com/lpfo-fiber-optic-rotary-joints.html) let us be part of your ArrowCopter build.

Yes but if first then do for all of other , only for the one if it is not for also.

Jim Beck
09-12-2012, 02:12 PM
American DJ mega par profiles can be used with a wireless remote and you can use the remote to adjust colors same as dmx love the lights and the remote is around $20.00 you won't regret them for sure.