PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of any songs related to these ones?

DJ Maxed
09-02-2012, 07:30 PM
I didn't list the songs in the title because it would take WAY TOO MUCH room. But could you guys give these songs a listen and possibly refer me to other songs/remixes/mashups that would fit well with these?

Will Smith - Miami (Laidback Luke bootleg remix)
Hey Now - Outkast
Pump it - Black Eyed Peas

Also, do any of you guys know the genre these sort of songs are classified under?

Keep the DJ spirit alive!

ParisCreative
09-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Hip-hop would be the generalization category. You could call Outkast Southern Hip-Hop (not quite Masta P) and BEP has turned more EDM+Hip-Hop IMO.

As for mixes that would fit well, it depends. Are you looking for simple beat match transitions, finding original sampled songs to bring in, doing a mashup type?

BTW, not really feeling that Miami remix. Just seems clashy.

DJ Maxed
09-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Hip-hop would be the generalization category. You could call Outkast Southern Hip-Hop (not quite Masta P) and BEP has turned more EDM+Hip-Hop IMO.

As for mixes that would fit well, it depends. Are you looking for simple beat match transitions, finding original sampled songs to bring in, doing a mashup type?

BTW, not really feeling that Miami remix. Just seems clashy.

I'm trying to find something that will transition well from Miami to another. For the mix I'm trying, it just seems to lack something without it. It may just be me, but Will Smith just seems to make summer days ten times more awesome.
To answer your question, I'm looking for original sampled songs. I'm thinking taking various parts of each and experimenting to see the various results.