PDA

View Full Version : Looking for tune: DKay 'Quiet Earth'

mars.shosh1n
09-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Hey all,

I'm looking for DKay's 'Quiet Earth' for purchase as 320. Couldn't find at digital-tunes.net, trackitdown.net, chemical-records.co.uk, redeyerecords.co.uk, beatport.com, etc .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XICO0e_bl74

Anyone? Bueller?

DTR
09-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Quiet Earth was released on Renegade Recordings which went defunct in about 2008, so there's a good chance you won't find it

Blueprint
09-03-2012, 10:28 AM
nice tune for sure

DTR
09-03-2012, 10:35 AM
nice tune for sure

+1

5char

Sigma
09-03-2012, 11:15 AM
http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=1094042&ev=rb

Doppelganger
09-03-2012, 03:17 PM
So many defunct labels that don't have a mp3 back catalogue. You'd think it would be quite easy to upload them onto beatport and make a few bob from that.

mars.shosh1n
09-03-2012, 06:37 PM
http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=1094042&ev=rb

Yep, caught that -- so, backstory: I just got booked to play a lil drum and bass night in Madrid, Spain, I leave on friday (was already planning a vacation there). I'm not bringing vinyl because digital is an option, and we've got a whole Madrid -> Barcelona -> Valencia -> Granada -> Madrid thing planned out, and I don't really want to carry all my vinyl. Cuz fk that. So I was hoping to find this tune quick enough to use for the set.

Anyway, I might just have to pick up a copy on vinyl anyway, but won't be able to use it for Madrid. Oh wells. Thanks for the help guys :)

Blueprint
09-08-2012, 01:36 PM
it might be worthwhile to tweet to the man himself

Doppelganger
09-09-2012, 03:25 AM
I'd personally won't do that. Producers take ages to get back to you if at all. You most likely won't get a response from them as they will see you asking for a free track. If blueprint has had better success though I would love to hear it.

Although Andyskopes still owes me a tune that he promised me back in 2010 as it was never signed to anyone. :cry:

Blueprint
09-09-2012, 11:06 AM
it's the social way to do it, i guess. nobody responds on facebook or soundcloud but twitter seems to be a better way to engage in conversation between a fan and producer.

The Blackest
09-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Yep, caught that -- so, backstory: I just got booked to play a lil drum and bass night in Madrid, Spain, I leave on friday (was already planning a vacation there). I'm not bringing vinyl because digital is an option, and we've got a whole Madrid -> Barcelona -> Valencia -> Granada -> Madrid thing planned out, and I don't really want to carry all my vinyl. Cuz fk that. So I was hoping to find this tune quick enough to use for the set.

Anyway, I might just have to pick up a copy on vinyl anyway, but won't be able to use it for Madrid. Oh wells. Thanks for the help guys :)

Too bad I just saw this. If you're still interested in the tune, I'll hit up a few people I'm close to at Hardware to mp3 this for you.

mars.shosh1n
09-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Yo thanks for the responses guys!

So I'm back from Madrid (was aweeeesoooooome!!!), but YES I would love to have a clean mp3 of that tune. Going to rebuy the vinyl anyway, but I just can't get that quality ripping to digital myself quite yet. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

mars.shosh1n
10-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Yo Blackest -- your PM's are full.

Just curious if you've had a chance to look into the D.Kay tune. I'd be super stoked to get a clean copy of that.

Additionally, I recently bought Dylan's "Dominion" from Digital-Tunes.net, but the mp3 is obviously a vinyl rip, and skips right in the middle of the tune. DigiTunes support guys are trying to contact 'the distributor' for me (not sure who that is -- maybe directly from Renegade? ) Anyway -- if possible, I'd love a clean copy of that one as well.

The Blackest
10-24-2012, 09:27 AM
I'll bug Dylan for Dominion and no dice on Quiet Earth yet. I'll keep you posted!