PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ran Ecliplse on Parallels?

DJ Watty
08-31-2012, 06:19 PM
I think I have decided not to go with that other software I mentioned in another thread because I am already having driver issues (reason I hate windows) so I am back in the market again. I downloaded ShowXpress for mac but it runs like shit and I don't like the workflow at all. Downloaded MyDMX for Mac but they is no 3d visualizer. Now I am onto Blizzards Ecliplse and I honestly love the software , workflow and it even has the auto beat detect using the computers microphone input that I wanted.... but of course it is frikken' windows only :-( I am wondering if any of you have ran it on Parallels for Mac and how does it work for you? Any issues with drivers?

Thanks for any input ;)

DJStevieRay
08-31-2012, 10:51 PM
I have been running Eclips on Parallels for about a year. I have posted videos from may shows, all run on Eclipse on a Mac. Never one issue, never one crash, and no driver issues. I am currently running it on Mountain Lion still no stability issues. One side note, my host Windows OS is 2008 R2 server. If possible I always advise running your Windows as server, because 1) there is no fluff built in that just clutter things and add to instability issues. 2) because 2008 server was built to be virtualized.

DJ Watty
09-02-2012, 07:33 PM
I have been running Eclips on Parallels for about a year. I have posted videos from may shows, all run on Eclipse on a Mac. Never one issue, never one crash, and no driver issues. I am currently running it on Mountain Lion still no stability issues. One side note, my host Windows OS is 2008 R2 server. If possible I always advise running your Windows as server, because 1) there is no fluff built in that just clutter things and add to instability issues. 2) because 2008 server was built to be virtualized.

Awesome!! Thank you!!