PDA

View Full Version : Technics 1200MK2 & Serato (Scope issue)

eleong
08-30-2012, 08:16 PM
While calibrating my turntables with serato, this deck produces a straight line in the scope. I've exchanged needles with the other deck and it still produces a straight line. So does that mean it's the RCA cables that are not producing a steady stereo signal to serato? What's the best way to fix this problem? Any advice would be appreciated. Need to get my decks ready soon because I got some gigs coming up at college.

jdtheishman
08-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Crazy question, I know...but do you have it set to phono in setup?

eleong
08-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Crazy question, I know...but do you have it set to phono in setup?

yeah i got the settings on the serato box right

meso
09-01-2012, 10:43 AM
I had this problem too with my setup and the cause was faulty RCA cables,
replaced the cables and the problem was solved.
If you play a regular audio record on your tutntable do you have sound on both L&R channels?

eleong
09-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Yeah I played regular vinyl and it sounded fine.

VjQue
09-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Post a picture of the Scopes. And straight line means one of you're channels is bad

ser182
11-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Check dust stuck on your needles.

MarcusB
11-19-2012, 10:39 PM
It may be dust, so clean the needles. Also, clean your control records...

But most likely, one of your RCA cables is bad.

bmorr
11-21-2012, 09:23 AM
It may be dust, so clean the needles. Also, clean your control records...

But most likely, one of your RCA cables is bad.

Just had this exact issue in Traktor with my brand new control vinyl. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, especially since it had jsut worked with my previous control vinyl and these were brand new vinyl. It ended up being an issue with the control vinyl. Even though they were brand new out of the packaging there must have been some residue lef ton them. My problem was solved once I cleaned them.

jdtheishman
11-25-2012, 03:04 AM
May be the RCA jacks from the Serato box going bad as well. I swapped them and the usb cable out when I had dropout issues. Problem solved.