PDA

View Full Version : A Visit From DJ Babu

hip2thehop
08-30-2012, 06:04 AM
Lord Lav's video reminded me of this one. so dope....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OvuTO-h_ZI

Dj_4-$hure
08-30-2012, 03:29 PM
I can't begin to tell you how many times I've watched this. Babu is one dude that I would like to meet one day. Ever since I saw the video "worst comes to worst" with him on the turntables (2001), I was like...That's what I want to do for the rest of my life, and produce.

http://youtu.be/sevZEOUXpw4

hip2thehop
09-03-2012, 06:27 PM
absolutely...damn i haven't seen this vid in a minute, def a classic.

what kinda tracks do you produce sir? got any links to your work?

i'm still fairly new to AZ but haven't seen much poppin besides Blunt Club and a few b-boy events here and there...
do u perform or make tracks w/ any local cats?

Dj_4-$hure
09-04-2012, 07:09 PM
absolutely...damn i haven't seen this vid in a minute, def a classic.

what kinda tracks do you produce sir? got any links to your work?

i'm still fairly new to AZ but haven't seen much poppin besides Blunt Club and a few b-boy events here and there...
do u perform or make tracks w/ any local cats?

I produce hip hop. Been at for 2yrs but have only begun to really get my hands dirty, because when I first started I only had ableton live intro and there is not that much sounds for hip hop. Just recently about 4 months ago I finally was able to get my hands on maschine mikro and it is a major difference in my sound. I wish I could load up a beat but Its a bit of a learning curve for me to get one out. I will upload a beat I made in ableton a year ago. I will upload in real soon.

st3rling
09-12-2012, 02:26 PM
That Blind Alley routine is pure soul, will never ever die (for me at least). Inspiring, like the man himself. He's my top DJ hero by a longshot for his creativity, cuts, juggles, music selection, everything. And I don't have a lot of heroes.

Babu is a really cool dude. Ran into him on a few occasions through mutual friends and at Fatbeats in L.A. Never felt like I was talking to a big-time star or anything. I respect that.

I love that "Worst comes to Worst" video. So many great cameos. Dammit, I miss the way this era of hip hop makes me feel. And that's why I'll never stop spinning it.

Divercity
09-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Wow! Absolutely brilliant.

ccabungcal
11-17-2012, 01:12 PM
so sick! the dudes in the back are mad funny! love their reactions haha