PDA

View Full Version : Repeat Cue transition

LoveChobo
08-29-2012, 03:02 AM
Sup

not sure what the actual transition is called
but there's a transition trick, where you cue a certain point in the music, and you play it in a repetitive fashion before you actually transition

I use a noobie Hercules 4-set, and mix in the virtual dj software it comes with

whenever i hit my cue button it goes to the cue point but the song pauses.
i was wondering how you can make it so it automatically plays from the cue point when you hit the cue.
Sorry about the useless thread, thanks in advance

Complex.ity
08-29-2012, 04:41 AM
You have to set the cue point first. And repetitive fashion? Sounds like looping to me? Basically like choosing a section that'll keep playing over and over till you turn it off. Also, when you press cue button on a deck that is playing, yes, the song will stop and go back to the point you started (i.e. the cue point or if you haven't set it, the place the track started). Not familiar with that controller but you should be able to scroll through all the cue points set.

You can always set hot cues, and stop the track there, hit cue, then it should be cued up there. Other than that man, I checked the lay-out on it online and there are some terrible pictures. I see hot cues, loop, cue, play etc but no call button unfortunately. Also w/o pressing play, scroll through the track with the platter and hit cue at the desired location, should be cued there.

Hope this helps man and not a useless thread bud. We all start somewhere! ;)

JackStalk
08-29-2012, 12:12 PM
This may be what you are talking about. Go to 2:06 for him actually using the hot cue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_pULQX9Pxg